Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Finally got round to see Something From Nothing: The Art of Rap. Unsurprisingly I loved it, it's not much more than a talking heads piece but featuring everyone from the original NYC DJ's & MC's up to Kanye & Eminem. It's 100% Ice T's labour of love & had me enthralled from start to finish. As Keith said above, this is worth checking out even if you're not a hiphop fan.

Also saw, Indie Game - The Movie. A brilliant film following on 3 different game developers at different stages of their careers. Much like King of Kong (but without the awesome baddie) it was a fascinating insight & a great payoff at the end for the 'Super Meat Boy' guys. (this was on Netflix US if anyone fancies it btw).

• Paid Members

Maybe not so much conspiracy theory (surely you don't want to watch that Loose Change shite?) but I'd heavily recommend trying to get hold of 'The Power of Nightmares'. It was a 3 part, BBC documentary exploring how governments around the world have used fear to control the public over time. Fascinating stuff.

Maybe not so much conspiracy theory (surely you don't want to watch that Loose Change shite?) but I'd heavily recommend trying to get hold of 'The Power of Nightmares'. It was a 3 part, BBC documentary exploring how governments around the world have used fear to control the public over time. Fascinating stuff.

Any Adam Curtis stuff is good. Was wounded when Duane said he was a fan.

Ebb, Jon Ronson is excellent. Not good quality but here is the first part of his "Secret Rulers Of The World"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqRlx1H4iAo

any conspiracy theory type documentaries floating about?

Youtube is the place to go.

Terrorstorm - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg8YH6-2_Gg

Endgame -

Illuminati in Hollywood movies exposed with Alex Jones - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7B-larkwZg

That is just a quick youtube search for Alex Jones but youtube is a goldmine for conspiracy lunacy and I might check that last one I posted out (not sure if it is actually a doc or a compilation of some sort) because it will probably be hilarious watching Jones twist and turn everything into a part of the grand conspiracy.

Much like King of Kong (but without the awesome baddie)

Which I watched today and updated the sig accordingly. Billy Mitchell is such a snidey fuck, he could teach Fergie about mind games. He was like a cartoon villain crossed with an 80's heel. Not only does the King wear amazing shirt-and-tie combo's, he knows more about the hot sauce game than JR and his stupid hat could ever know.