Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Sat down last night and watched Abducted in Plain Sight.

Fucking hell. 

I know it was the 70s and society was a bit more naive with pedophiles and child abduction and the like, but letting a 40 year old man sleep in the same bed with your young teen daughter four nights a week for several months as part of his "therapy"? Pair of cunts, the parents. More concerned in protecting their reputations in the community than protecting their daughter. The mum in particular seemed to enjoy reminiscing about fucking the pedo. 

The Dad seemed genuinely remorseful but Jesus, I'd want to be murdering the abductor. Only physical altercation between them two was the Dad wanking him off in his car. And describing the day he split with his wife as the worst day of his life? Not the pedo abducting his daughter TWICE and having his way with her? 

The pedo's brother seemed unmoved by the whole thing. Yeah, he was a paedophile but he was a good car salesman so what are you gonna do, y'know?

Utterly mental

• Paid Members
On 1/18/2019 at 10:25 AM, Egg Shen said:

this went up on Netflix this morning, looks great.

I watched this last night and then found out Seth Rogan is trying to make a film based on it.

I mean what did I learn? Ja Rule doesn't know the difference between Fraud and False Advertising, that Billy guy did not learn his lesson after being arrested and also how to get stuff through customs. Cracking doc

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Wretch said:

Sat down last night and watched Abducted in Plain Sight.

Hide contents

Fucking hell. 

I know it was the 70s and society was a bit more naive with pedophiles and child abduction and the like, but letting a 40 year old man sleep in the same bed with your young teen daughter four nights a week for several months as part of his "therapy"? Pair of cunts, the parents. More concerned in protecting their reputations in the community than protecting their daughter. The mum in particular seemed to enjoy reminiscing about fucking the pedo. 

The Dad seemed genuinely remorseful but Jesus, I'd want to be murdering the abductor. Only physical altercation between them two was the Dad wanking him off in his car. And describing the day he split with his wife as the worst day of his life? Not the pedo abducting his daughter TWICE and having his way with her? 

The pedo's brother seemed unmoved by the whole thing. Yeah, he was a paedophile but he was a good car salesman so what are you gonna do, y'know?

Utterly mental

yep, its a weird one. The odd cameos from B's brother were bizarre too. He didn't seem to think there was much wrong with his brother being a raging paedo. No one was really reacting in a way you'd expect them too throughout the whole film, like during the phone conversations that were played.

[I thought one of the more interesting parts of the film which was skirted over was the part about the book being written by the mother and short footage of them interracting in court. I wanted to hear more about that and how parts of the story may have been made up to sensationalise the story, made me feel there was more to the case.[/SPOILER]

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
17 minutes ago, Devon Malcolm said:

Thanks for the spoilers in that post, you prat.

sorry bud, edited.

this thread is hardly spoiler free though is it? a quick browse through any previous page shows multiple spoilers and discussion regarding whichever documentary is being posted about. 

Edited by Egg Shen

• Paid Members
12 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

sorry bud, edited.

this thread is hardly spoiler free though is it? a quick browse through any previous page shows multiple spoilers and discussion regarding whichever documentary is being posted about. 

It's not a topic about an individual film or show, is it? You'd expect spoilers in one of those. But multiple things are being discussed here, meaning you can, as I just did, stumble upon a spoiler for something you haven't seen yet.

What makes it even worse is that you're quoting someone who spoiler tagged their post!

There is discussion in every other post, not spoilers in every other post, quite the distinction.  I guess it also depends on how "Famous" the subject matter is when it comes to documentaries.  For instance, it's hardly a spoiler that Ted Bundy killed people, but parts of the documentary series mention shocking things that aren't so familiar.

• Moderators

For avoidance of.doubt in future - it's not ok to post spoilers that aren't in tags. If you are unsure whether what you're posting counts then err on the side of caution. Thanks.

Interesting point I read about the Fyre documentary - it is made by the same people who did the marketing for the festival itself. So they conveniently avoid placing any blame on themselves but put it all at the feet of others. So entertaining as it is I'd definitely take it with a pinch of salt and could definitely see why there would be value is someone else making a doc about it.

Edited by Chest Rockwell

• Paid Members
24 minutes ago, Chest Rockwell said:

For avoidance of.doubt in future - it's not ok to post spoilers that aren't in tags. If you are unsure whether what you're posting counts then err on the side of caution. Thanks.

Interesting point I read about the Fyre documentary - it is made by the same people who did the marketing for the festival itself. So they conveniently avoid placing any blame on themselves but put it all at the feet of others. So entertaining as it is I'd definitely take it with a pinch of salt and could definitely see why there would be value is someone else making a doc about it.

which one Chest as there is the Netflix one and the Hulu one. Not seen the latter, but the Netflix one I don't think pointed the blame at anyone else