Documentary Thread #2

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
A documentary on Drew Struzan and his work.

Cant wait to see that, I bought The Art of Drew Struzan book only weeks ago, its magical. Cant wait for this

, looks intriguing.

Also Marley is fantastic, everyone should watch it.

Some of the unused stuff in that book is amazing. The guys work is as iconic (sometimes more so) as the films hes drawn them for

• 2 weeks later...

I'll echoe the love for Marley! Great documentary but it really, really bummed me out. It just gets really depressing when covering the last months of his life.

On the other side of the spectrum is Searching for Sugar Man which filled me with absolute joy and happiness. It's a shame it's having such a small release as it's something that I think will appeal to a lot of people because it's such an interesting story.

Edited by Amazing_Red_Fan

• Paid Members

i wanna get Searching For Sugar Man.

I just watched a BBC doc called The Race That Changed The World, centered around the infamous '88 Olympic Games 100 meter's final and the Ben Johnson/Carl Lewis rivalry. Brilliant stuff! fitting with the Olympics being on and all.

Anyone else seen any good Olympic based docs?

I've got Salute! to watch too, looks good.

I'll echoe the love for Marley! Great documentary but it really, really bummed me out. It just gets really depressing when covering the last months of his life.

On the other side of the spectrum is Searching for Sugar Man which filled me with absolute joy and happiness. It's a shame it's having such a small release as it's something that I think will appeal to a lot of people because it's such an interesting story.

When I saw this thread updated I thought it might be about Searching For Sugar Man! Glad to hear good things. Going to go see it on Monday, pretty excited!

Edited by Cobra1000

• Paid Members
I just watched a BBC doc called The Race That Changed The World, centered around the infamous '88 Olympic Games 100 meter's final and the Ben Johnson/Carl Lewis rivalry. Brilliant stuff! fitting with the Olympics being on and all.

Anyone else seen any good Olympic based docs?

Been trying to hunt for "16 Days of Glory (Story of the Los Angeles 1984 Olympics)". I remember watching it on ESPN Classics a few months ago and thinking it was brilliant. You can download the soundtrack from...

http://totallyradicalsoundtrax.blogspot.co...ympiad-los.html

Can't find any torrents for it, unfortunately (Anybody help?). If you manage to find it, it is worth it. I'd have thought ESPN Classics would have replayed it, but nothing yet.

I've got Salute! to watch too, looks good.

I saw it last night, some very powerful, emotional scenes. It's worth noting that the director is the nephew of Peter Norman, which made it more touching. A great tribute to a wonderful man, Tommie Smith and John Carlos were dignity personified throughout.

Highly recommended.