UKFF FPL Week 32

Fog Dude

FA Challenge Cup Sixth Round

Manchester United 1-0 Arsenal w/Harvey Dent (5:15pm)

Stoke City 1-2 West Ham United (Sunday 2pm)

FA Trophy semi-finals, first leg

Darlington 2-1 Gateshead (3pm)

Mansfield Town 0-1 Luton Town (Sunday @noon)

La Liga

Real Zaragoza 1-1 Valencia (9pm)

Sevilla 2-3 Barcelona (Sunday 8pm)

Segunda Divisi

Manchester United 1 v 1 Arsenal w/Harvey Dent (5:15pm)

Stoke City 1 v 1 West Ham United (Sunday 2pm)

Darlington 1 v 2 Gateshead (3pm)

Mansfield Town 1 v 1 Luton Town (Sunday @noon)

La Liga

Real Zaragoza 1 v 2 Valencia (9pm)

Sevilla 1 v 2 Barcelona (Sunday 8pm)

Segunda Divisi

Manchester United 2 - 1 Arsenal w/Harvey Dent (5:15pm)

Stoke City 0 - 1 West Ham United (Sunday 2pm)

Darlington 1 - 0 Gateshead (3pm)

Mansfield Town 1 - 0 Luton Town (Sunday @noon)

La Liga

Real Zaragoza 2 - 2 Valencia (9pm)

Sevilla 1 - 2 Barcelona (Sunday 8pm)

Segunda Divisi

Manchester United 1 v 1 Arsenal w/Harvey Dent (5:15pm)

Stoke City 1 v 0 West Ham United (Sunday 2pm)

Darlington 1 v 0 Gateshead (3pm)

Mansfield Town 0 v 0 Luton Town (Sunday @noon)

La Liga

Real Zaragoza 1 v 1 Valencia (9pm)

Sevilla 0 v 0 Barcelona (Sunday 8pm)

Segunda Divisi

Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal w/Harvey Dent (5:15pm)

Stoke City 1-2 West Ham United (Sunday 2pm)

Darlington 1-0 Gateshead (3pm)

Mansfield Town 0-2 Luton Town (Sunday @noon)

La Liga

Real Zaragoza 1-2 Valencia (9pm)

Sevilla 1-3 Barcelona (Sunday 8pm)

Segunda Divisi

• Paid Members

picard-facepalm.jpg

Stoke City 2-0 West Ham United (Sunday 2pm)

Mansfield Town 2-2 Luton Town (Sunday @noon)

La Liga

Sevilla 1-3 Barcelona (Sunday 8pm)

Segunda Divisi

The results were in the original post first thing yesterday morning, and the table was updated within a few hours of that. There's a new leader as Lawz produces a top-scoring performance to go 4 points clear. In a low-scoring week, the reigning champ was the only other participant to get into double figures.

At the other end the gap has widened as sivy's poor form continued, he'd probably have been outright lowest scorer had Seph got his predictions posted in time. Meanwhile, The Game missed this round, but it'd be a shame if he's giving up completely. Not only has he not had his go at D2D for this season yet, he's been a real trooper for the 3 years I've been running this, always going on till the end despite being stuck at or near the basement. Let's hope it's just a one-week aberration for the habitual late picker.

As that meant I had to use the 'missed weeks' column again, perhaps this isn't the best time to appreciate coming up with a better use for it when someone picks late and misses some matches. It's a way of acknowlegding why someone might have a low score without actually counting as a 'strike' against them, and it makes use of that white space which otherwise gets in the way, sometimes for months on end.

On the subject of 'brownie points', he actually did rather well this week, but I note that 3 of the people just below him are yet to have their D2D week, so he can keep the points he got from the Carling Cup to have a fighting chance of not finishing in the bottom 3. We've also got a different compromise between Haraga's new and requested names, which should last until the end of the season now, I hope.

On the D2D front, Harvey was at Old Trafford to see an ill-advised Man U line-up still manage to overcome his beloved but rapidly imploding Gunners side. Perhaps if people were able to pick at 5pm having seen the teamsheets things would've gone differently. As it is though, 16 of a possible 18 others bet against him correctly and picked up their 2 bonuses. Maybe he'd have preferred to end up with Getafe as his D2D team after all?

As for the other games, the failure of both Barcelona and Valencia to win away cost a lot of players points, with the margin of the home victory in Zaragoza being especially surprising. I had good reasons for dipping into the second tier in Spain, but we don't need to go into them now. Only one goal between the 2 matches mind, so not very fruitful for most.

Elsewhere it was a similar story in the Italian division 2, but I think everyone's at least more familiar with the biggest club in Turin (whose home defeat was a bit of a shock) and the 3 Tuscan teams, who've all been in Serie A more regularly and recently than some of the obscure Spanish clubs. Closer to home, a mixed bag in the Trophy as Darlo's comeback earned a few one-pointers for people, but Luton's lack of success at Field Mill yielded very little. Meanwhile back in the Cup, Stoke overturning the form book was actually foreseen by most, and was the best of a bad bunch as far as exact scores are concerned.

Coming up shortly then: another thread, another D2D - plus the rest of a card containing the CIS Insurance Cup final.

• Paid Members

Keeping my Carling Cup points is the right thing to do. Otherwise, i'd be the next victim of a rapist and none of you want to be sued for that.

The table makes interesting reading - nobody has predicted fewer scores than me. It also shows the way to win - get your big 3 gambles correct.

Archived