Colt Cabana wins NWA world championship

rayneisatwat

I was watching the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection the other night where the board of directors make the announcement to award the Race/Flair rematch to JCP for Starrcade 83, everything seems so "big deal" and legitimate.

One of my favourite things in wrestling ever.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You prefer the old NWA belt to the current WWE belt - I get that. What I'm saying is WWE's belt is updated, upgraded on a regular basis because the title is obviously the most important title in wrestling. If the NWA title was worth a shit then there's no way the old belt would still be used in 2011. Technically the NWA belt was upgraded to the big gold when Crockett switched the belts but the remains of the NWA never let it go because they are stuck in the past. Hell my old nokia 8210 looked a damn site nicer than my current iphone 4 but my iphone 4 is much better for using today.

So regardless of how it looks and what tradition the image of the belt carries, it

• Moderators

Yeah. It most certainly did. Until the NWA pulled out of WCW if I remember it correctly. It's then it became Big Gold Belt/WCW International World Title. Then Flair unified it with Sting's WCW World Heavyweight Title in '94, and they kept the Big Gold.

• Paid Members
Yeah. It most certainly did. Until the NWA pulled out of WCW if I remember it correctly. It's then it became Big Gold Belt/WCW International World Title. Then Flair unified it with Sting's WCW World Heavyweight Title in '94, and they kept the Big Gold.

I think officially it was the Big gold was the Crockett/WCW title, and the NWA recognised those champions as the official NWA champs also. I think in early WCW the tag champs had two sets of belts, NWA and WCW.

The WCW title/BIg gold thing was more flair leaving for WWE wasnt it? As he took said title with him, WCW had a new one during the time, and eventually got the other belt back also. I may be wrong on that, but i know WCW eventually pulled out of NWA and NWA "Officially" vacated the titles and started using the old belts again.

Archived