Colt Cabana wins NWA world championship

rayneisatwat

The NWA title is not worth winning. If they were worth talking about then they'd have a better belt. As they are not, they don't. I'm sure if Colt Cobana walked up to Ric Flair or Harley Race and said "hi i'm the NWA World champion" they would laugh in his face. Champion of what?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
The NWA title is not worth winning. If they were worth talking about then they'd have a better belt.

Ummmmmm.......

John_Cena-belt.jpg

The NWA title is not worth winning. If they were worth talking about then they'd have a better belt.

Ummmmmm.......

John_Cena-belt.jpg

Ummmmmm what? Did you even read the earlier discussion or just leap onto google? The WWE title (love the design or hate it) has been updated to move with the times because it is worth winning unlike the NWA belt.

• Paid Members

Sure, I read the earlier discussion. I also read the phrase "better belt."

How much a belt is worth winning has fuck all to do with how good the belt looks. Updated or not, that belt still looks like crap. The NWA title belt looks better. Hell, three tins of Heinz linked by a string would look better. I don't understand how the WWE title belt has moved with the times unless "the times" means looking like shiny poo, or even how relevant that is.

There is nothing to say the belts design has any baring on the titles worth. That piece of crap is the top title in WWE. The Intercontinental title looks retarded as an oblong shape, despite also being updated as recently as 1998, and I believe the best looking belt in current usage in the U.S. to be the Big Gold Belt on SmackDown, and other than being slightly smaller than it used to be, its design is donkeys years old.

You prefer the old NWA belt to the current WWE belt - I get that. What I'm saying is WWE's belt is updated, upgraded on a regular basis because the title is obviously the most important title in wrestling. If the NWA title was worth a shit then there's no way the old belt would still be used in 2011. Technically the NWA belt was upgraded to the big gold when Crockett switched the belts but the remains of the NWA never let it go because they are stuck in the past. Hell my old nokia 8210 looked a damn site nicer than my current iphone 4 but my iphone 4 is much better for using today.

• Paid Members

Sure. The very existence of the NWA title shows that there are plenty of people stuck in the past.

I was watching the Ultimate Ric Flair Collection the other night where the board of directors make the announcement to award the Race/Flair rematch to JCP for Starrcade 83, everything seems so "big deal" and legitimate. Mind blowing to see where things are today.

• Paid Members

Will say this, though - in fairness to the old days of the NWA title, guys like Flair and Dusty really made title matches worthy by circumventing the design of the belt, and focusing on the fact that the champ made a ton of cash for winning and defending it. Didn't hurt that the belt was worth more in terms of recognition back then too, but the design really was dull.

No offence, Loligan - I know you shelled out quite a bit for your replica, and fair play to you for indulging in one of your passions, but I really don't see the appeal of that belt design.

• Paid Members
Still better than that plastic one they had in the FWA. All-England title wasn't it?

That was actually metal, though. Steel or iron, I think it was.

• Paid Members

Aha. It just looked plastic because it was really dull looking not shiny.

I did however love the FWA Heavyweight title. Mostly because I could pretend Alex was Intercontinental champion.

I just watched the first two NWA from Hollywood shows from their website (the first is an NWA retrospective and the second a 1 hour show with Adam Pearce discussing the NWA, the challengers and the future etc) and they were both really well produced and quite effective to place themselves as an interesting old school style wrestling product.

The preview for show 3 looks like the matches may suffer from not being in a studio but may work out well.

Dave Marquez comes across well as an anchor and I think that I may keep up the watching and see if it grips as I like the old school style wrestlin shows (such as this and OVW).

Archived