The APA

Devon Malcolm

When did they actually become the APA, as i'm thinking back and i really can't remember a single event/moment that turned them from a couple of weirdo's managed by the Jackal and then the Ministry, into a couple of 'normal' beer swilling brawlers - they just seemed to gradually morph into a new persona. I'm sure even after they became the APA and had the skits on Heat with card games and guys coming through the door frame, they were still wearing their 1997 attires with weird looking pentagram symbols or whatever it was.

After the Ministry disbanded in summer '99, they became general mean-spirited ass-kickers who played cards and drank beer. It was January 2000 when the Mean Street Posse offered them protection money, and the APA was born.

Loved a bit of APA. After the first triple tag ladder match and then the first TLC match with E&C, the Hardyz and Dudleys, I wanted them to add the APA and another weapon to make a super-duper four-way fight at some point. Faarooq and Bradshaw were up there with the other big teams of the day for me.

• Paid Members
When did they actually become the APA, as i'm thinking back and i really can't remember a single event/moment that turned them from a couple of weirdo's managed by the Jackal and then the Ministry, into a couple of 'normal' beer swilling brawlers - they just seemed to gradually morph into a new persona. I'm sure even after they became the APA and had the skits on Heat with card games and guys coming through the door frame, they were still wearing their 1997 attires with weird looking pentagram symbols or whatever it was.

After the Ministry disbanded in summer '99, they became general mean-spirited ass-kickers who played cards and drank beer. It was January 2000 when the Mean Street Posse offered them protection money, and the APA was born.

I'm sure it wasn't The Posse first. I remember a segment backstage with Bradshaw pitching the idea to Faarooq after one of their matches (the idea that Bradshaw was a bit of an entrepreneur and had a knack for making money had been pushed on commentary and in WWF Magazine before). Faarooq seemed utterly bemused at the idea. Only later on that show they helped out the Dudelys (i think) in smashing (i think) The Hardys through a shitload of tables and stuff in typical APA fashion. They were faces at the time so it got a bit of a funny reaction. Then became a regular angle from there and (i think) The Mean Street Posse were one of the first to jump at the chance of acquiring their services after.

Those things happened on the same show, purple. The Mean Street Posse came looking for help and offered money, which was how Bradshaw came up with the idea for the APA. Then a few segments later, the Dudleys came to them looking for protection and they ended up doing the table thing.

• Paid Members

I used to mark hard for the APA. The tag team division was shit hot when they were around and they were a fine addition to it. I can't believe I've never noticed that t-shirt before though!! DAMN!

My favourite APA memory was when Kaientai's cheques bounced, so the APA took Taka and Funkai out to the ring to see which of them bounced highest.

• Paid Members

I remember before they became the APA for several weeks they had segments of them in bars getting into random fights and smashing the shit outta the place. It was awesome. Especially once when Bradshaw lobbed someone through the lights above a pool table. I've looked for them on youtube for ages but never found anything. If anyone can hook me up I'd be a happy boy.

Archived