Time Off Work

AJSTYLES

• Paid Members
You have nothing to do and you live in London? Right I am going to set you a challenge.

Virtually everyday news broadcasters do an outside broadcast in the capital, your task is to hold up a "UKFF 4 Life" sign during a live update. If you can appear on BBC, Sky, ITV, Channel 4 and Channel 5 news broadcasts you will go down as a legend. You will gain bonus points if you appear on an international news network like CNN, FOX.

Are you up for the challenge?

Is the tilde sign still a valid alternative?

• Paid Members
The first thing I do when I get some time off work is write a child's book. Right after I've finished off a patchwork quilt with the local Women's Institute.

This really just made me laugh :laugh:

But I agree with Mr Posh - museums! I went to the Movieum the other day and thought it was quite good. There's also the Imperial War Museum and the Cabinet War Rooms (my favourites) or the British Transport Museum. There's a new type of tour at the Science Museum where you can dress up as cockroach if that's your style too or the British Music Experience down at the O2. All of these have some sort of money off stuff somewhere - discounts with an Oyster card or with a certain bank (NatWest does money off just by showing your debit/credit card) or if you're a Sky customer you get 2-4-1 at the BME too.

The first thing I do when I get some time off work is write a child's book. Right after I've finished off a patchwork quilt with the local Women's Institute.

This really just made me laugh :laugh:

But I agree with Mr Posh - museums! I went to the Movieum the other day and thought it was quite good. There's also the Imperial War Museum and the Cabinet War Rooms (my favourites) or the British Transport Museum. There's a new type of tour at the Science Museum where you can dress up as cockroach if that's your style too or the British Music Experience down at the O2. All of these have some sort of money off stuff somewhere - discounts with an Oyster card or with a certain bank (NatWest does money off just by showing your debit/credit card) or if you're a Sky customer you get 2-4-1 at the BME too.

Haha I can see how it looks from the outside, but I had this idea going around my head for a few months so I thought I'd write the quick book to waste some time.

spotlightmagnet1, that would be good thanks as a couple of friends have taken Friday off work so we were planning on getting wasted that day.

If you've got the cash for it, I would just take a few days holiday. Just anywhere; look up the cheapest flights, pick one of the destinations and get going.. It's fun doing stuff like that with no expectations or plans.

This is true. One of my fondest memories is the time me and a couple of mates decided at 1am to go to Blackpool. We were on the coach at 3.

Archived