FWA: New Frontiers | 26/3 & 27/3 | Birmingham NEC

FWAUK.com

In an attempt to not be entirely negative about everything FWA, although that is hard, that was a fantastic promo. I've never really seen Johnny Phere before, and he definitely looks the part.

What I don't understand is what this is going to do for the NEC event. A casual, walking into the NEC on that day, will probably know nothing of this promo, nothing of Johnny Phere, and it'll seem pointless to them, unless Phere/Shane manage to hold the crowds attention for 5 minutes whilst they explain the situation.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What I don't understand is what this is going to do for the NEC event. A casual, walking into the NEC on that day, will probably know nothing of this promo, nothing of Johnny Phere, and it'll seem pointless to them, unless Phere/Shane manage to hold the crowds attention for 5 minutes whilst they explain the situation.

Last time i saw an FWA event they played all of their hype videos on video screens prior to the show starting and then played the relevant video before each match. It worked great. The last FWA event i attended was Hotwired 2009 and the Simmonz vs. Bubblegum pre-match video did a great job of building sympathy for Bubblegum and heel heat for Simmonz.

If they are still doing this, i hope that answers your question.

Last time i saw an FWA event they played all of their hype videos on video screens prior to the show starting and then played the relevant video before each match. It worked great. The last FWA event i attended was Hotwired 2009 and the Simmonz vs. Bubblegum pre-match video did a great job of building sympathy for Bubblegum and heel heat for Simmonz.

If they are still doing this, i hope that answers your question.

Is it the same at Expo/Memorabilia events? I can understand them doing it at actual FWA shows, but as they are simply an exhibition to anyone outside of the event, is the setting in such a way that people would watch those videos in preparation for the impending match?

211fb1d06f9479a7650fc3bb47b93c8b_L.jpg

FWA FORMS MAJOR NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH THORPE PARK

The Frontier Wrestling Alliance is proud to announce its new partnership with Thorpe Park, beginning with four days of live action at the park over the course of Easter weekend.

Thorpe Park is the nation

I think they definitely learned from their European Uprising mistakes with New Frontiers. Spreading the 4 matches out over the whole day was a very good decision. There are very few seats at these NEC shows, and standing up from 2 - 4.30pm for Uprising, after spending hours walking round the hall for miles, was a killer. You also can't expect people to give up a solid 2 and half hour block of their day at an event like Memorabilia, where there is so much else going on all day. The new timings seemed to pay off, as there were LOADS more people watching the matches this time. At Uprising they only stayed for the first match and then all went off back to the Memorabilia show.

They also kept the awful red and yellow cards to a minimum, instead of completely baffling everyone in the first match like last time.

There was some great wrestling in the ring, although the Adrenalin tag match was a bit botchy, and Ligero-Singh-Cruz was excellent. It's a shame the main event ended in such a damp way, with the top babyface losing to a Big Show lookalike who got zero reaction when announced as the newest member of the Agenda. I was having flashbacks to Cena vs Big Show from Wrestlemania.

Oh and how embarassing was it for El Ligero, when not one person wanted to have their photo took with him? :laugh: That must have felt like a long 5 minutes.

All I know is

Shane Spyral/Oldham BT Textbook Dave Breaks

David Deville Won his match

Nathan Cruz BT El Ligero

Spud And Johny Storm went out and spread into the Nec i THINK the ref stopped the match ?

Johny Phere charged through Security speared and ram slammed them to attack asension or David Deville ?

Day 1:

Axl Rage and Xander Cooper defeated Shane Oldham and Zack "Diamond" Gibson via pinfall in a tag match from the FWA Adrenaline division.

The Resistance (Leroy Kincaide and Nick Riley) defeated The Agenda (Iestyn Rees and Joel Redman) via disqualification.

Nathan Cruz pinned RJ Singh to win an impromptu triple threat match which also featured El Ligero.

Colossus (the newest member of the Agenda) defeated Leroy Kincaide via referee stoppage.

Day 2:

Shane Oldham pinned "Textbook" Dave Breaks in a match from the FWA Adrenaline division.

Nathan Cruz defeated El Ligero via count-out.

A brawl between Rockstar Spud and Jonny Storm resulted in a no-contest.

David Deville pinned Nick Riley to retain the FWA World Heavyweight Championship on behalf of The Agenda.

More details results and roundup will be coming shortly from Dave Bradshaw on FWAUK.com!

FWA NEW FRONTIERS 2011: FULL RESULTS ROUND-UP

Headed into the first weekend of Season Two, The Agenda clearly planned on crushing whatever was left of The Resistance and establishing total control over the FWA. For most of the weekend it looked as though they would do it too, as the three most persistent threats to their dominance were all neutralised. But just when it seemed as though The Ascension and his cronies had achieved their goal, a new enemy came banging at the door and threw those best laid plans into total chaos

Archived