FWA: New Frontiers | 26/3 & 27/3 | Birmingham NEC

FWAUK.com

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if the FWA will get back to me on this, hopefully they will, but I'm trying to plan the day and was wondering if the matches will be on the hour or all at once at a specific time? Just so I know where to be and when, cheers.

I know in previous times they have done it both ways so would like to know too !

• Paid Members
The young Oxfordshire star had always been considered a fan favourite, which made it all the more shocking when he was announced at November's show as the new apprentice of arch-villain The Ascension. The reigning FWA World Heavyweight Champion is believed by many wrestling insiders to have real-life links with some of the most sinister elements of society.

Eh? What's this bit about? When did Martin Stone lose the belt?!?

Not sure if the FWA will get back to me on this, hopefully they will, but I'm trying to plan the day and was wondering if the matches will be on the hour or all at once at a specific time? Just so I know where to be and when, cheers.

There will be 8 matches over the New Frontiers weekend, 4 matches a day scheduled for 11.30am, 1.00pm, 2.30pm & 4.00pm on each day, however, the timings are subject to change depending of schedule changes with other activies over the Memorabilia weekend.

Remember you can reserve your ringside seat for the whole weekend when you buy any FWA T-Shirt from here - www.fwauk.com/tickets, and there will be an exclusive range of TNA merchandise available at great prices from the FWA merchandise stall!

There will be 8 matches over the New Frontiers weekend, 4 matches a day scheduled for 11.30am, 1.00pm, 2.30pm & 4.00pm on each day, however, the timings are subject to change depending of schedule changes with other activies over the Memorabilia weekend.

Remember you can reserve your ringside seat for the whole weekend when you buy any FWA T-Shirt from here - www.fwauk.com/tickets, and there will be an exclusive range of TNA merchandise available at great prices from the FWA merchandise stall!

Thanks for the info :thumbsup: For my own selfish reasons I hope the announcement isn't a regular home in London, but fair enough if it is and that's where they think they'll do best.

trying to make this on the Sunday! but not announcing the other 3 matches until the Saturday show is tricky for me to commit to the 2hr drive. What names are appearing guys if you dont want to spoil the card? :)

cheers

XWA Wrestling is proud to present its new YouTube channel and what a way to launch it - with our very first ever piece of footage filmed in High Definition and a speech of overwhelming intensity from the XWA's franchise himself, 'The Psychotic Warrior' Johnny Phere...

You can see what Johnny Phere has to say about his sworn enemy the FWA World Heavyweight Champion and XWA British Heavyweight Champion The Ascension by clicking here:

And if you're going to the NEC in Birmingham this weekend for FWA New Frontiers, you'd better be ready. The Authority had better be ready. The Agenda had better be ready. The Ascension had better be ready.

The Psychotic Warrior Johnny Phere is coming to the FWA!

Subscribe to the XWA YouTube channel today for more exciting videos from XWA Wrestling at

http://www.youtube.com/user/XWAWrestlingUK?feature=mhum

The young Oxfordshire star had always been considered a fan favourite, which made it all the more shocking when he was announced at November's show as the new apprentice of arch-villain The Ascension. The reigning FWA World Heavyweight Champion is believed by many wrestling insiders to have real-life links with some of the most sinister elements of society.

It was specified last year that if Martin Stone defeated Leroy Kincaid at European Uprising, then the belt would be held by The Agenda even after Martin Stone left for WWE developmental. I think anybody in the Agenda can defend the title, though The Ascension as the leader of the Agenda is the de facto champion.

It was specified last year that if Martin Stone defeated Leroy Kincaid at European Uprising, then the belt would be held by The Agenda even after Martin Stone left for WWE developmental. I think anybody in the Agenda can defend the title, though The Ascension as the leader of the Agenda is the de facto champion.

so has Stone 100% gone now? was confused weather it was story or fact he had signed. but that makes sense now

so has Stone 100% gone now? was confused weather it was story or fact he had signed. but that makes sense now

I don't think he has gone as he was at IPW the other week and I noticed he was booked on a Scottish show next month.

I don't think he has gone as he was at IPW the other week and I noticed he was booked on a Scottish show next month.

So the whole thing was a work? I'm sure he was supposed to have signed a long time ago?

white.jpg

BEHIND THE MIC

Play-by-play commentator Dave Bradshaw begins his blog of FWA Season Two by looking ahead to a potentially turbulent weekend at the Birmingham NEC…

It’s hard for me to know how to feel heading into the start of Season Two this weekend. My natural instinct as a wrestling fan is obviously to be excited – our roster is absolutely teeming with hungry young talent and New Frontiers is stacked with mouth-watering contests. We are days away from the first steps of a journey that really could take the British scene to places it has not been in a generation. I should be counting down the hours, barely able to wait until we get started. Aside from a hugely successful two days at Brit Wres Fest in February, I have not been involved in a live FWA show for four months now, so I should be getting major withdrawal symptoms. In truth part of me does still feel exactly that way (who wouldn’t?) but there’s a feeling that is overriding that: trepidation.

The reason is a strange one and it fills me with guilt to even admit it, especially given how many would-be commentators would dearly love to be in my position. But I’ll say it anyway: at the end of 2010, for the first time in my career, I was pleased to be taking a break from professional wrestling. Everyone behind the scenes at the FWA had been working so hard for 18 months and we were all feeling burned out. I didn’t feel as though fate was giving us the rewards we deserved for those efforts, and certainly there were others in the UK industry who wanted to take as many swipes at us as they could. Then came European Uprising and the betrayal of Alex Shane – I can’t really put into words how it felt to see a friend and mentor admit he had been secretly taking advantage of everyone’s hard work to further a cause that we all abhorred. He was (literally in my case) spitting on everything we stood for.

But we still weren’t done. In Christmas week I finally got a chance to confront “The Ascension” about his actions, and ended up being blackmailed and humiliated in front of a global audience on YouTube. I actually spent part of Christmas Day in tears, wondering how my life had ended up at the mercy of a monster in an industry which seemed to have no heart. On that day I could have happily turned my back on wrestling forever.

Bizarrely though, it was the fallout from that ordeal that turned things around for me. I was overwhelmed by the support I got from people after they saw that interview. I had texts and Facebook messages not only my colleagues in the FWA office, but also many of the wrestlers on the side of the Resistance, and from far more fans than I ever thought would give a monkeys about the guy who sits behind the commentary desk. I stopped wallowing in self-pity, picked myself up and got back to work. I want to thank everyone who contacted me during that time, and also to share what I learned from it: there are many, many good people in British wrestling, and they are the reason that our industry is worth fighting for.

So why the trepidation? Well, I might have rediscovered my passion for our cause, but that doesn’t mean I don’t realise that our enemies are real and powerful. We enter this new season of the FWA with the Agenda not only in possession of the World Heavyweight Championship, but also with control of “the book”, meaning they can decide who is given the chance to shine on FWA shows this year. If nothing else, “The Ascension” has proven himself to be a master of psychological warfare. His ultimate aim might be to crush the Resistance and re-make British wrestling in his own twisted image, but he knows that his main means of achieving that aim involve breaking his opponents’ spirits, not their bones. He will attempt to get inside the heads of the Resistance and play on each individual’s own fears and insecurities. At some stage everyone will be forced to ask just how much they are prepared to risk for the cause of the Resistance – and the outcome of our struggle will ultimately depend on the answers that each of us gives to that question. The test begins this weekend at the NEC, with Leroy Kincaide, Sha Samuels and Nick Riley all going into battle against the Agenda.

Still, let’s not dwell on our problems. There are plenty of reasons in the short term to be excited about the start of Season 2. For me, the main one is the influx of new talent that we can expect to see in the coming few weeks. Three of the most exciting young stars from our newly re-launched FWA Adrenaline division were in action at Brit Wres Fest, when Xander Cooper claimed the BWC Scarlo scholarship in a thrilling ladder match against Axl Rage and Shane Spiral. Then there’s “The Showstealer” Nathan Cruz, an intensely arrogant young man who annoyingly has the talent to back up his bravado. And of course there’s David Deville, footman to Her Majesty The Queen and apprentice to “The Ascension”. My mother always taught me that it’s best to keep my mouth shut if I have nothing positive to say about someone, so at this point I’ll move on…

The competition among the names I just mentioned is obviously going to be intense – everyone wants to be the breakthrough star who becomes synonymous with the FWA’s second season, which means they all want a chance to prove themselves worthy of championship gold. For this reason I expect many of the people listed above to be watching with interest as Jonny Storm and Rockstar Spud finally clash at New Frontiers to decide the winner of the Flyweight Title Round Robin. The “Wonderkid” and the “Baby Jesus of British wrestling” have been at loggerheads for months, taking very personal pot-shots at each other whenever they can. I’m sure I’ve already worn out all the clich

Archived