Biggest win

Shit Poster

• Paid Members

Benoit winning the main event of WrestleMania 20 in the Garden by making Trippy tap out (unfathomable) is probably the biggest I can think of because it gave me a stiffy.

Whoever won WCW's World War 3 match, beating 59 other wrestlers is some feat! on the subject of World War 3 Matches- ive suprisingly never watched one, are any of them worth checkng out???

No.

'Joke' choices aside, Graham ending Sammartino's second run, Edge cashing in Money in the Bank on Cena (which was really the thing that got the gimmick over for future use, IMO) and Hogan over Sheik to kick start Hulkamania are good shouts as far as (W)WWF/E history goes especially after fans had seen Hogan come so close so many times in the AWA only to get screwed over.

Koloff ending Bruno's first seven year run also has to be up there in terms of (W)WWF/E where the audience was stunned into silence at the end:

Also no matter how many times Andre had done the job in real life, Hogan pinning Andre at WrestleMania III was a massive, massive deal and the majority weren't aware of those losses. Shawn Micheals over Bret Hart at WrestleMania XII and Steve Austin over Michaels two years later are right up there as well.

Even though they didn't really lead to anything lasting I always thought Warrior's win over Hogan (WM VI), Eddie against Brok (NWO '04), Benoit in the triple threat (WM XX) and Davey Boy's 'home' win over Bret (SummerSlam '92) seemed like big deals in terms of "Yes, they actually did it!" moments.

Outside WWE, Goldberg pinning Hogan was a huge deal in that it really established what was already a gimmick that was getting a lot of momentum in Da Streak~ that, Sting beating Flair at GAB '90 (although his actual run went a similar way to a lot of the above), Misawa's first win over Jumbo and Kobashi beating Misawa for the GHC Title thirteen years later are the ones that stand out to me.

Whoever won WCW's World War 3 match, beating 59 other wrestlers is some feat! on the subject of World War 3 Matches- ive suprisingly never watched one, are any of them worth checkng out???

Sure, although I'm a WCW fan so I'm probably overrating them a tad. Really it depends if you like battle royals, and no I'm not taking the mickey with that either - I know some people hate 'em. If you think of them in terms of a battle royal then some of them were okay, if you watch them for the workrate then not so much. Just don't expect Royal Rumble level booking/storytelling and watch them for what they are.

EDIT: Also worth mentioning those WWIII matches were basically seven or eight superstars (talking about the Sting, Luger, Giant, Outsiders types), a dozen talented/over mid-carders and then the remaining 50% were pretty much jobbers. So a lot depends on if you are a jobber fan as well since half the fun for me was seeing them and thinking "Cool that that guy made it onto a PPV".

Archived