Cris Cyborg negotiating with WWE

rohpete

• Paid Members
The only sticking point will be the fact that she's under contract to Strikeforce, and holds the 145lbs female belt.

Surely she could 'retire' as champ... im guessing that door will always be closed if she did that, but im guessing its an option is it not? I dont know how it works with MMA, will she be fined if she ends her contract early? Or is it similar to wrestling... no compete clause for x time?

To be fair Snitsky, i thought they would actually allow females who 'can' wrestle, to wrestle, when they signed Gail Kim.. how wrong was i

also Gina = yes please

Fair point about Gail Kim....and Gina to be fair.

Scratch what I said about WWE changing their policy on hiring women.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/463516

• Paid Members
To be fair Snitsky, i thought they would actually allow females who 'can' wrestle, to wrestle, when they signed Gail Kim.. how wrong was i

also Gina = yes please

Fair point about Gail Kim....and Gina to be fair.

Scratch what I said about WWE changing their policy on hiring women.

http://www.modelmayhem.com/463516

she can hip toss me off

dreadful, i know

Surely she could 'retire' as champ... im guessing that door will always be closed if she did that, but im guessing its an option is it not? I dont know how it works with MMA, will she be fined if she ends her contract early? Or is it similar to wrestling... no compete clause for x time?

To be honest, I don't see anything other than a possible short-term deal with WWE coming of this. She would have to be really fucking stupid to ditch a successful MMA career to mix it up in the womens division of WWE.

• Paid Members

To be honest, I don't see anything other than a possible short-term deal with WWE coming of this. She would have to be really fucking stupid to ditch a successful MMA career to mix it up in the womens division of WWE.

Agreed, in fairness, i dont know anything about her. Has she been doing this for a while? If she has, maybe she's had enough. I assume its like you say, probs just a short time deal

She's pretty much considered to be the #1 female MMA fighter in the world right now, so I don't see her walking away from it, especially since her husband is also a Strikeforce fighter and they both run a gym together.

The WWE schedule would play havoc with her lifestyle.

• 3 months later...

As has been said, she isn't that big at all by WWE standards. I can't see why WWE would sign her, other than any publicity they'd get from signing a reigning MMA champion. She'd be better off fighting elsewhere, or picking up bit-parts in movies as a tough female.

Archived