Bret Hart vs Hulk Hogan

FLips

Last time he spoke to Owen s kids: It s been so long, I can t

remember. Maybe six months after he died.

Does anyone know the story behind this? Did Bret fall out with Owen's wife or something?

She despises anything that reminds her of pro wrestling. She tries to sue him, Vince, and every fucker else in the world twice a week. I wouldn't be suprised if she denied to them that they are even related to wrestlers. She wants a Benoit job doing on Owens name and memory in the buisness and sues every opertunity she has to get her wish.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It was early 2000, she told Bret to tell his Mam and Dad to fuck off because they couldn't be trusted. Also, Bret thought they were fighting to find out how Owen died, and after she accepted a big pay out she changed her opinion and just said "it was apparently an accident", even though she was calling them murderers and all sorts. She lives in this country now, I believe. Moved here years ago.

It was early 2000, she told Bret to tell his Mam and Dad to fuck off because they couldn't be trusted. Also, Bret thought they were fighting to find out how Owen died, and after she accepted a big pay out she changed her opinion and just said "it was apparently an accident", even though she was calling them murderers and all sorts. She lives in this country now, I believe. Moved here years ago.

She sounds like a right bitter old bitch, does anyone know if she re-married or what? How old are the kids?

She sounds like a right bitter old bitch, does anyone know if she re-married or what? How old are the kids?

I think if I'd married into the fucking Hart family, had to deal with all their shit, lost my husband in the stupidest way possible, then had to deal with the family stabbing her in the over the course of the lawsuit in order to try and wangle jobs for themselves...well, I'd say she has a right to hate the business in general and the Hart family in particular. If even half of what she says about Owen wanting to get out of wrestling is true, then that goes double.

I think if I'd married into the fucking Hart family, had to deal with all their shit, lost my husband in the stupidest way possible, then had to deal with the family stabbing her in the over the course of the lawsuit in order to try and wangle jobs for themselves...well, I'd say she has a right to hate the business in general and the Hart family in particular. If even half of what she says about Owen wanting to get out of wrestling is true, then that goes double.

Exactamundo.

• Paid Members

Speaking of the Harts, here's the *cough* highlights from Bruce Hart's book, from the F4BOARD:

Bruce's book is totally insane. I cannot imagine anyone with even a passing knowledge of wrestling history not sniffing out most of the bullshit and even someone with no knowledge of history would be able to tell pretty easily that everything Bruce says about Bret is likely to be a hate filled lie.

Among the things Bruce claims that definitely aren't true:

He claims he worked a series of WWF house shows with his family members and they tore the house down working "Stampede" style until a road agent (Lanza IIRC) told him he was just a school teacher, that the matches sucked because of him and then demanded he basically stand on the apron and do little to nothing. Bruce claims that he complied with these demands, the matches got worse but Lanza complimented him for doing his job. The problem is no such house show run ever existed.

He claims that he and Bret went down to Amarillo, TX to meet up with Dory Jr. and co. over the Summer and in the process tells an awesome Terry Funk rib story that I hope is true. Having said that he also claims that on the trip down they were chased out of multiple counties by violent redneck gangs who assumed they were draft dodging hippies.

He claims Bret reached over his dying mother and attempted to choke his sister as their mother was literally expiring in front of them.

He claims he ghost wrote Bret's Calagary Sun column for years.

He claims that Smith Hart was in no way to blame for the missing gate receipts of the infamous Stampede tour to the Carribean.

He claims he was given the book in Hawaii by Peter Maivia (this may or may not be true but seems hard to believe).

He claims that he was offered the book by Vince's people only to be snubbed by Vince when flown in to discuss the terms.

He claims that Shane called him about turning his new Stampede

He claims that Whalen (who he regards as the best announcer ever which shocked me knowing Bruce's booking style) on air resignation after the Bad News innocent was an angle and disguise Whalen's departure to cover two Calgary Flames games.

He claims that the WWE was about to bring him in to team with Pillman for a Badd Company reunion but Bret sabotaged it because he was angry when the children came in the ring at the end of the Calgary Stampede ppv (a ppv he claims was designed in part to set up an angle with him and Austin). He claims that he would have kept Pillman clean and thus implies multiple times that Bret was responsible for Pillman's death.

He claims that Bret called him after Owen's death suggesting that McMahon had done it intentionally to punish Owen for Bret's problems with Vince regarding Montreal.

He claims that one of Bret's columns (after Bruce quit writing for him of course) was responsible for Davey taking up drug use again and as a result Bret is responsible for the death of DBS.

He claims that he met his wife in a chance encounter that may have been the result of divine intervention. She was actually a high school student he met while substitute teaching.

He claims that after speaking to the investigators, Bret told him that he was sure Vince murdered Owen to get back at Bret for punching him out in Montreal.

He says that he met Dynamite and Davey at the same time in a story that I'm pretty sure was proven to be BS when he first told it on WWE Confidential when Davey died.

His account of what went down in Montreal is wildly inaccurate and he refuses to believe that Bret had any kind of creative control clause.

He says Steve Austin sent a note to Melanie Pillman about being unable to attend Brian's funeral because something else came up.

I've never read a book featuring a member of the Hart Family that wasnt Partridge-esque. Stu Hart must have really put a beating on this lot, because they seem to be all mental, thin-skinned or pissed into themselfs (or all three). Although, the hippies story HAS to be true.

• Paid Members
He claims he ghost wrote Bret's Calagary Sun column for years.

That one is supposedly true, if you believe Hart family friends on the WrestlingClassics.com board.

I'd imagine so actually. I've heard that one for a few years that in the mid-90s when Bret was on the road that he would literally phone his musings to Bruce over the phone and Bruce would transcribe it (whilst wearing sunglasses probably).

• 6 years later...

Eric Bischoff and Bret Hart are feuding ATM.

Something that rankled with me. Bischoff said Hart refused to work with Hogan (among others) in WCW.

Is that not a bit disingenuous? Hogan refused to work with Hart on his way out in 1993.

Bischoff just totally refuses to be impartial when talking about Hogan, who was such a pivotal part of WCW during his tenure.

both sound like a pair of cunts but they are probably 2 of my favourites. everything ive read about them makes those memories bittersweet,though

It wouldnt surprise me if neither of them wanted to work with each other but one thing is for sure and that is that WCW absolutely fucked up with Hart. He must have been red hot after the screw job, a super anti WWF babyface looking to prove hes the best wrestler in the best company would have worked wonders.

he was treated like a b level talent, but i guess a major wcw downfall was that there were too many cooks in the kitchen already. 

Archived