UKFF FPL Week 31

Fog Dude

Premier League

Arsenal 3 v 0 Sunderland

Bolton Wanderers 1 v 1 Aston Villa

Fulham 1 v 1 Blackburn Rovers

Liverpool 2 v 1 Manchester United (Sunday 1:30pm)

Newcastle United 1 v 0 Everton

West Ham United 1 v 0 Stoke City

Bundesliga

Hannover 0 v 2 Bayern Munich (2:30pm)

VfB Stuttgart 1 v 0 Schalke (2:30pm)

EXQI League

Mons 2 v 0 Lommel United (7pm)

Royal Antwerp 2 v 0 Dender (7pm)

• Paid Members

Premier League

Arsenal 3 v 0 Sunderland

Bolton Wanderers 2 v 1 Aston Villa

Liverpool 0 v 3 Manchester United (Sunday 1:30pm)

Newcastle United 2 v 1 Everton

West Ham United 2 v 0 Stoke City

Bundesliga

Hannover 1 v 2 Bayern Munich (2:30pm)

VfB Stuttgart 2 v 1 Schalke (2:30pm)

EXQI League

Mons 2 v 0 Lommel United (7pm)

Royal Antwerp 1 v 2 Dender (7pm)

Premier League

Arsenal 3-0 Sunderland

Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Aston Villa

Fulham 2-1 Blackburn Rovers

Liverpool 1-2 Manchester United (Sunday 1:30pm)

Newcastle United 2-1 Everton

West Ham United 0-0 Stoke City

Bundesliga

Hannover 1-3 Bayern Munich (2:30pm)

VfB Stuttgart 1-1 Schalke (2:30pm)

EXQI League

Mons 2-1 Lommel United (7pm)

Premier League

Arsenal 4 v 1 Sunderland

Bolton Wanderers 1 v 0 Aston Villa

Liverpool 2 v 2 Manchester United (Sunday 1:30pm)

Newcastle United 2 v 0 Everton

West Ham United 2 v 1 Stoke City

Bundesliga

Hannover 3 v 1 Bayern Munich (2:30pm)

VfB Stuttgart 0 v 2 Schalke (2:30pm)

EXQI League

Mons 1 v 1 Lommel United (7pm)

Royal Antwerp 3 v 2 Dender (7pm)

Premier League

Arsenal 2-0 Sunderland

Bolton Wanderers 1-1 Aston Villa

Fulham 1-0 Blackburn Rovers

Liverpool 1-0 Manchester United (Sunday 1:30pm)

Newcastle United 2-0 Everton

West Ham United 3-0 Stoke City

Bundesliga

Hannover 0-2 Bayern Munich (2:30pm)

VfB Stuttgart 1-1 Schalke (2:30pm)

EXQI League

Mons 1-2 Lommel United (7pm)

Royal Antwerp 1-0 Dender (7pm)

Premier League

Arsenal 2 v 1 Sunderland

Bolton Wanderers 1 v 1 Aston Villa

Fulham 1 v 0 Blackburn Rovers

Liverpool 1 v 2 Manchester United (Sunday 1:30pm)

Newcastle United 1 v 1 Everton

West Ham United 2 v 0 Stoke City

Bundesliga

Hannover 1 v 3 Bayern Munich (2:30pm)

VfB Stuttgart 2 v 0 Schalke (2:30pm)

EXQI League

Mons 1 v 1 Lommel United (7pm)

Royal Antwerp 2 v 0 Dender (7pm)

So, I did make it to the Mons game in the end. The ground is right on the northeastern edge of town and the buses weren't running so it took ages to get there, and I only bought my ticket around quarter past, but it must've kicked off late as the scoreboard said I'd only missed 7 minutes. Serves me right for chiding my Spanish acquaintances about their timekeeping earlier; it turns out they live a lot closer to the stadium so they were already there in the corner of the uncovered (but cheap!) home terrace when I got in. A few minutes later Mons scored, but little of note happened for the rest of the first half, just a couple of half-chances for either side.

In the second half we sat in the stand under a roof, but it was still cold. Mons scored again right at the start of that period, then Lommel had a player sent off for a rash tackle, but still managed to hav a goal harshly ticked off for offside. They did succumb to a third a few minutes from time however, and snatched a deserved consolation in injury time. Every 15 minutes the scoreboard had also been flashing up the latest scores from the other 2nd division games taking place that night. With an hour gone, Antwerp were 1-0 up, then on 75 minutes I saw Dender had equalised. No sooner had Lommel pulled a goal back than I saw the away side up there had bagged a late winner. Two perfect scores from 'my' league's matches then, six points and a great way to round off a brilliant evening.

If that all seems fishy, bare in mind I'd never seen an EXQI League game before the weekend, and the first time I included fixtures from that division a few weeks ago, I got 0 points from them. Nor do I have any insider knowledge - I still couldn't name any players from either team off the top of my head (well, apart from one of Mons' goalscorers, who I think was called Khalifa somethingorother). Anyway, no more Belgian league games, even from the top flight, for the rest of the season, promise. I don't want this to turn into a self-indulgent competition with threads full of my personal match reports every week. We've lost enough participants lately, I imagine doing that'd put the rest of you off too.

Right, onto other things. The final scores were in the first post on Sunday night, and the table update was uploaded just over a day ago. Low scores this week, meaning only minimal shuffling around the middle. The gap at the top remains the same, but both the top 2 extend their lead over the former champion, now going by his shortened moniker of TUFCfan.

At the bottom, looks like sivy might be dropping out, which would be embarrassing as he still has fewer points than Koconutz, whom we lost to apparent laptop troubles a couple of rounds back. It will make the battle to avoid the wooden spoon interesting among the worst of the remaining 20 players though. Three joint lowest scorers this time out, including one whose name you won't recognise, as the former Haraga has been given an impolite alias after losing a coin toss, so for now he's listed under the name he requested instead. I might change it later, but first we'll have to see if a username with a familiar term for ejaculate, ahem... sticks.

Gah, all that blurb and I haven't even mentioned the non-Belgian games yet. Why the low scoring then, with nobody even in double figures? The three main culprits seem to be Arsenal's failure to beat Sunderland, Liverpool's win over Man U and Bayern being defeated in Hanover. Almost no one-pointers from those three combined for anyone, let alone exact scores. Fulham and West Ham's home victories were at least good for correct results, but not so much for three-pointers, while narrow home wins at the Reebok and Gottlieb-Daimler-Stadion, as well as Everton's success at St James's, took a few more people by surprise.

By this time tomorrow there'll be a new card, including the start of another mini-run of D2Ds. Unfortunately it'll be a long round as I just noticed the other day that the game I picked out in the summer for this D2D has been switched to a Monday night match. It's not our first this season though, and when you see what team it is you'll know why I can't be bothered to rearrange it. Anyway, that'll do by way of explanation for the moment. Look out for a new thread in under 24 hours.

• Paid Members

One rule change suggestion - if you place an accumulator based on your picks and it fails spectacularly, you have to announce it.

<----- [Picard]

... I was 2nd this week with that shower?

Archived