TNA doing something big in the UK?

wrestlingmad

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know someone who was invited to that party, by the UK tour organisers. Apparently the party is a 'thank you' to all the media who helped make the tour a success in January, and because of the success TNA have a special announcement to show their appreciation. That was almost word for word what was written in the invite mail. Which does sound even more like some kind of show will be announced, because showing their appreciation to the media with a party is crap and shits on the fans who are the real reason the tour was successful.

• Paid Members
I know someone who was invited to that party, by the UK tour organisers. Apparently the party is a 'thank you' to all the media who helped make the tour a success in January, and because of the success TNA have a special announcement to show their appreciation. That was almost word for word what was written in the invite mail. Which does sound even more like some kind of show will be announced, because showing their appreciation to the media with a party is crap and shits on the fans who are the real reason the tour was successful.

I dunno if I'd agree with that. The fans are the tour's success, not the reason it was successful. And without the media involvement, the tour wouldn't have drawn as many as it did.

I'm not saying TNA shouldn't show their appreciation to UK fans, given that they enjoy more popularity here than in the US, but to say that showing their appreciation to the media is "shitting on the fans" is going overboard. TNA are perfectly within their rights to hold a party to recognise the significant contribution made to their business by the media; not everything they do has to be for the fans. It's not as if they've treated the fans here badly in the first place.

I wouldn't say that's accurate as JB is giving out invites to people (i.e. not media people) as he meets them doing the rounds in the UK. I've been invited and I'm not media. Even so, the media are the ones who will publicise and promote the events, so without mainstream media behind you, you're running leisure centres, not Wembley Arena.

When the announcement is officially revealed, I'm sure it'll be on here within minutes anyway.

Lee from ministry of slam went out to orlando on holiday last week & he saw impact being taped, he said that at the end a autograph party was on after, along with everyone getting a free DVD. Cache was you had to sit through a 2 hour IMPACT! Taping Along with the next 3 Weeks of Xplosion!

So my guess is they will make you sit from 3-6:30, in that time make you watch every edition of IMPACT! that aired during February, before bringing out a few party poppers, some non alcoholic beer, & a "I Love challenge TV" shirt for everyone :D

Lee from ministry of slam went out to orlando on holiday last week & he saw impact being taped, he said that at the end a autograph party was on after, along with everyone getting a free DVD. Cache was you had to sit through a 2 hour IMPACT! Taping Along with the next 3 Weeks of Xplosion!

So my guess is they will make you sit from 3-6:30, in that time make you watch every edition of IMPACT! that aired during February, before bringing out a few party poppers, some non alcoholic beer, & a "I Love challenge TV" shirt for everyone :D

I fooking hope not! oh well, will get mashed before it starts

i think i might have won the 5th pair of tickets on the fb page, excited! waiting for some sort of confirmation

Are you Ben Bulmer, Doug Tearell, James Partridge, Ashley Handelaar or Paul Ellett?

dare i give away my real identity? :p

Not if you've been in the paper for doing Gatsos, no.

meh im hoping it will be better than sitting at home doing the usual nothing, maybe get some freebies and get on camera, it wil be an experience. plus i'll have handed in an essay by then so can celebrate a bit

the announcement will be pat sharp, dale winton and roy walker coming to take over TNA

• Paid Members
the announcement will be pat sharp, dale winton and roy walker coming to take over TNA

That's x100000 more likely than Rick's HD prediction.

That was a hope, not a prediction. TNA wouldn't sign celebs like Dale Winton and Pat Sharp, people have heard of them.

Russo would have Winton and Anton the Berk invade as the "hole in the wall mafia" in the lycra outfits.

Two weeks later backstage cam shows them spitroasting velvet sky just for the "they're straight???" swerve

Archived