LDN Margate Winter Gardens

Dr Reefer

How did we get on to this? Lol, just came in to point out one inaccurate comment and it's really gone off course. As it goes, they did have a match earlier in the week, but also this week Travis wrestled Jon Ritchie. So nope, they don't wrestle each other on every show, they just have an ongoing rivalry with one another.

is that all it is Travis v Hakan every show?

I believe Travis wrestled Jon Ritchie a few nights ago.

I will say, that with a touring company like All-Star/LDN, using regular guys seems like the way to do it. When your next show is 100 miles away from the last, what does it matter? Is anyone actually travelling around following the company?

If I was promoting like All-Star/LDN do, I'd book a very similar card for shows a fair distance from each other. When your product is less storyline-driven on a show-to-show basis, you can do that.

is that all it is Travis v Hakan every show?

I believe Travis wrestled Jon Ritchie a few nights ago.

I will say, that with a touring company like All-Star/LDN, using regular guys seems like the way to do it. When your next show is 100 miles away from the last, what does it matter? Is anyone actually travelling around following the company?

If I was promoting like All-Star/LDN do, I'd book a very similar card for shows a fair distance from each other. When your product is less storyline-driven on a show-to-show basis, you can do that.

Exactly! My shows are almost exactly the same, until I come back around to the town. And in all the time i've been promoting, i've never had someone in Maesteg say "This show was exactly the same as last weeks one in Llanelli" and there's only 30 miles between Maesteg and Llanelli. I'm pretty sure that WWE's house shows in Newcastle is almost the same as their one in Cardiff too, thats how a lot of promotions work.

From a quick count, the WWF ran at least 74 Hulk Hogan vs Big Boss Man matches in 1988/89. If it wasn't for the internet, it'd still be this way. Why mess with a winning formula? The match quality improves as well then, I find.

Archived