Talksport Wrestle Talk

wolveswrestling

Just found some old audio tapes in the loft, came across me talking on wrestletalk on talksport. It all comes back to me now, i phoned in to say that kane is now sting under a mask, why I thought that i don't know. Unsure of the exact date but reckon it was around summer 01 or 02 after kane had been out a while. Think it was dean ayess who put me in my place saying that unless sting as gained 60lbs and grew 5"inches you are wrong and cut me off.

Anyone else on here ever phone in and at the time it was getting good listening numbers, strange it didn't last long.

Hahahahahahaha, I still remember that clearly, in fact, I was only talking about that very call to someone a couple of weeks ago!

I hope I didn't cause you any lasting psychological damage, I was, after all, being a HEEEEEEEEL :)

No i came through with no lasting damage, to be honest never belived it myself just wanted to get on the show and say something stupid, think I managed that well.

Found a tape not long ago with the live commentary of the Revival show - which was great in fairness. I wonder if the more descriptive, 'radio' approach to commentating on wrestling might be the way forward? No-one can compete with WWE in terms of storytelling, so why not take a different angle on things?

Just found some old audio tapes in the loft, came across me talking on wrestletalk on talksport. It all comes back to me now, i phoned in to say that kane is now sting under a mask, why I thought that i don't know. Unsure of the exact date but reckon it was around summer 01 or 02 after kane had been out a while. Think it was dean ayess who put me in my place saying that unless sting as gained 60lbs and grew 5"inches you are wrong and cut me off.

Anyone else on here ever phone in and at the time it was getting good listening numbers, strange it didn't last long.

Hahahahahahaha, I still remember that clearly, in fact, I was only talking about that very call to someone a couple of weeks ago!

I hope I didn't cause you any lasting psychological damage, I was, after all, being a HEEEEEEEEL :)

No i came through with no lasting damage, to be honest never belived it myself just wanted to get on the show and say something stupid, think I managed that well.

Job done then. Oh, and it would've been the summer of 2002.

i loved this show, just found it by accident one day and then every saturday me and my 2 brothers would listen without fail. this was the later days though as it was shane and dean doing it, plus the lovely nikita on the phones - how times have changed.

we listened for a few months and then as greg said, one day we tuned it and got champagne and roses - i was like wtf is this shit doing on talk SPORT - the hint is in the name god dammit jeff.... sorry went on a rico rant there.

but yeah id love to listen to those old shows. someone somewhere will have recorded them all to tape, but its not cheap to get them converted to cd and mp3.

Someone needs to upload some of these. I believe I phoned in one time when Dave Meltzer was a guest, am I right in thinking he was a guest on the show?

He was definitely on the show once. So was Earthquake and that nerd Bill Apter.

Archived