Interesting ratings from wrestling on uk tv

quote the raven

• Paid Members
What sort of UK audiences was RAW pulling on a Friday night when it was red hot in 1999/2000 period ?

If I recall correctly, the numbers were in the region of 300,000. I do remember seeing ratings of 450,000 from the Attitude era but I think they may have been achieved in 2001.

On the subject of ratings, WCW's Worldwide show in 1992 (when most ITV regions would broadcast the show) used to pull in up to five million viewers but that figure started to drop when several regions dropped the show for other more advertiser friendly programming.

WCW on Channel 5 used to do up to 800,000 viewers back in 2000.

WWF programming on Channel 4 over a decade ago used to get up to 1.8million on Channel 4 on Sundays.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Audience figures for all TV shows have dropped since the days of WOS but not by anything an extent as they have for wrestling, from 5 million or more, to little over 100,000. It's a shame. It's related to the economy more than anything I guess.

You can't compare a Saturday afternoon on ITV in a three channel world, to 10pm on a Tuesday on a niche game show channel in a multi channel world.

Well, there's no reason wrestling couldn't be on Saturday afternoon on ITV now, if the channel thought it'd pull a good rating. Obviously they do not think this.

• Paid Members
Being an 80s child it makes me sad to see what happened to wrestling in this country, those WOS days are defently never coming back.

Wait a minute - I thought you hated WOS?

The Total Package has you on ignore, because you think he's Hulkamania Fan and had a go at him or something.

• Paid Members
Being an 80s child it makes me sad to see what happened to wrestling in this country, those WOS days are defently never coming back.

Wait a minute - I thought you hated WOS?

The Total Package has you on ignore, because you think he's Hulkamania Fan and had a go at him or something.

Oh, right. Understandable, although it's not like I was the only one who thought that - he followed the exact pattern HF did: self-introductory thread, themed "name/character", seeming reasonability, then posting like a benny.

In fairness to him, I've come to revise my opinion as he's posted a few things worth reading, so I'm suspecting me may not be HF any more. Can't speak for the others who thought he was, though.

Archived