Lex Luger

Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He was about a million times better than Ryback.

Is that just in general, or is there some comparison between the two?

I just made the perfectly valid comparison. Forgive me if there's some sort of official muscular wrestler comparison committee I should've applied to beforehand.

• Paid Members

I just made the perfectly valid comparison. Forgive me if there was some sort of official muscular wrestler comparison committee I should've applied to beforehand.

And I was just asking an actual question so fuck off lad.

I just made the perfectly valid comparison. Forgive me if there was some sort of official muscular wrestler comparison committee I should've applied to beforehand.

And I was just asking an actual question so fuck off lad.

Sorry, I thought you were being argumentative, but you clearly you weren't.

I do think you can compare Luger to Ryback, though, in terms of push and physique.

• Paid Members
I do think you can compare Luger to Ryback, though, in terms of push and physique.

Yeah there are some similarities though Luger could lose and still be taken seriously for most his run. (Summerslam 1993 aside, where he looked a right berk).

Ryback has achieved absolutely fuck all in his run, he's dead at the moment. Even with a heel turn.

• Paid Members
I was actually thinking more of the Luger who stood toe to toe with Stan Hansen in that bull rope match, rather than his WWF run. I can't imagine Ryback being able to do that.

Yeah, Luger in 1990 had a boss year, his matches with Flair, a really good match with Undertaker at the Bash and then some top collisions with Hansen.

• Paid Members

Yeah he had two that year on PPV. The one you mentioned and another blinder in a cage at Capital Combat. I think he had a third match that went to a non-finish that was very good at a Clash as well.

• Paid Members
If Luger was around today he could've been John Cena. Not really different in terms of charisma, muscles and promo ability. Luger was just cursed with better competition.

I'd say Luger was more cursed with other guys being around who could also be the man. Especially in regards to WCW when you had Flair, Sting, Steamboat and others who sometimes eclipsed him a lot of the times. His 1991 title run was a wash-out which was a shame. He was cursed from the start on that one and then just gave up caring seemingly.

Thinking about it for the first time to be honest, what Luger lacked was that one killer promo or line that would've made him really strike a chord with the masses. He had all the other ingredients to be a star, he was just missing that one key part on the mic, a catchphrase or a buzzword or something to make up for his lack of natural mic ability.

Archived