Lex Luger

Snitsky's back acne

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to be honest i think Larry Phofl gets abit of an unfair turn really, as even on 'shoots' you invariably get a"how sh*t was Luger?" question which usually accompanies the "how nuts was Warrior question?". I dont think Luger was that bad really. I mean he was a multiple time WCW champion, and a BIG name for them,, he had a BIG'ish run in WWE, and made a tonne of money from the business, so he cant have been that bad. What he did do also looked okay, and i have never heard of him hurting anyone so he wasnt dangerous. I also remmeber Hogan dropping the belt to Luge rin a WCW match in the late 90's that was far better than it had a right to be, and Luger was well over. Sure he had a sh*t phase but who hasnt really??, i think he made the most of what he had, and fair play to him. Really sad how he ended up.

as a footnote, i love the footage of the mid 80's Luger Vs Brodu match where bordy no sells for no reason, and you can visibly see Luger think "f**k this" and he legs it out the cage!

• Paid Members
as a footnote, i love the footage of the mid 80's Luger Vs Brodu match where bordy no sells for no reason, and you can visibly see Luger think "f**k this" and he legs it out the cage!

Wasn't that something to do with Brody taping razorblades to his fingertape?

Brody was reknowned for that CB. Basically, they were having a cage match and apparently Brody went abit odd, no sold Lugers offence and just stood there staring at him. Brody doesnt say anything, and you can see Luger keep looking at the ref with a "whats going on??" after about a minute of this, Luger just thinks f**k it and climbs the cage and escapes.

I have footgae of the match and it is legit

According to the Luger shoot, he spoke to Brody after the match and asked why he did it and Brody was like "the match just wasnt working" and that was that. To me thats just terribly unprofessional on Brody's behalf.

• Paid Members

I liked Luger.

He had his shit times but there were spells where he was awesome. 88-90/91 were probably his best years match wise, he had some corkers with Flair and Pillman and some pretty good matches with Sting, Steamboat and Windham and others.

His run in 96/97 was fun too. The title match with Hogan in 97 was electric and I loved his subtle heel character in 96 when he was tagging with Sting and he'd do heelish stuff behind Sting's back and when Sting would look he'd be all smiles high fiving the fans and stuff.

And of course Team Package :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

I always wanted Luger (heel wwf) and Mr.Perfect (heel) to team up. Thats what i did with my figures anyway! even though by mania perfect was a face.

Other than that run, ive never given him much attention. I hear a lot of good things about his 89-90 era, maye ai should check some out

Also, there is a great interview on tube and it features a lot of how he's found god etc, speaks about Liz's death and convictions too, cant honestly remember, but i think it was filmed in the last 7 moths or so

Archived