Tna Impacts Shocking Return?

bono

Very interesting, I know they do these kinda things too much, and it doesnt turn out to be as much a suprise as they think, but it's still got me intrigued.

I assume with Hogan's return scheduled for next weeks episode, it'll involve him somehow, maybe we see Hogan and Dixie in bed together :laugh:

Heyman maybe? I guess it will be Sting though, like whats been said though, people want Sting in WWE, wont make a difference if he goes back to TNA in terms of interest etc.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

They must have it in the bag if they are announcing it straight away. I look forward to it. They've had some big ones, like Angle and Hogan's surprise announcemenets, so hopefully its a good one. Cant see it being Sting. He was going to return to less fanfare than this the other week, so they obviously dont consider him a mega/super secret surprise. Saying its the biggest prize of the ENTIRE YEAR is a big of an odd one. It should be a talking point of nothing else.

Saying its the biggest prize of the ENTIRE YEAR is a big of an odd one.

Don't they always say that sort of thing? I'm sure they've promised about four biggest surprises in the history of wrestling since 2010, and they've done about twelve "WILL CHANGE THE FACE OF THE INDUSTRY FOREVER"s.

• Paid Members

I dont think they've ever said that. They've said "change the face of TNA", but thats storyline based shit, like Jeff Hardy turning and what have you. The last time they said they'd have a massive surprise, that was Paul Heyman, but it fell though. Judging by the fact they have announced this with two days before the announcement, I'd imagine it will be a talking point. Unlike the Heyman deal, they must have this one in the bag if they've already taped it.

It will be shit whatever it is. If it is Sting nobody will give a shit as he is a TNA wrestler already. TNA seem to be just be atttention seeking as the WWE have been on fire this past few weeks.

WWE plans surprises and gives no hints out as well. Like when they kept it hush about the Undertaker returning and gave no hint whatsoever in the lead up videos that it was him, and nobody suspected it was him. They kept that one close to the chest (until they showed his symbol and ruined it).

• Paid Members
Unlike the Heyman deal, they must have this one in the bag if they've already taped it.

That's what we all thought about the second "They" angle. :/

I don't think it was that bad. I'm a show behind but the Fortune stuff on the follow up to "They" was really good. Much better than having MEM back again.

• Paid Members
Unlike the Heyman deal, they must have this one in the bag if they've already taped it.

That's what we all thought about the second "They" angle. :/

I don't think it was that bad. I'm a show behind but the Fortune stuff on the follow up to "They" was really good. Much better than having MEM back again.

Oh, I don't disagree - on the whole, the results were far better, with the younger talent being placed in the right position finally. But let's face it: it only happened because TNA booked themselves into a corner - they planned to bring back the MEM (or someone else who wasn't Fortune), and didn't make sure they had the necessary players in the bag. Thankfully, it all worked out for the better (for once).

I dont think they've ever said that. They've said "change the face of TNA", but thats storyline based shit, like Jeff Hardy turning and what have you. The last time they said they'd have a massive surprise, that was Paul Heyman, but it fell though. Judging by the fact they have announced this with two days before the announcement, I'd imagine it will be a talking point. Unlike the Heyman deal, they must have this one in the bag if they've already taped it.

It will be shit whatever it is. If it is Sting nobody will give a shit as he is a TNA wrestler already. TNA seem to be just be atttention seeking as the WWE have been on fire this past few weeks.

WWE plans surprises and gives no hints out as well. Like when they kept it hush about the Undertaker returning and gave no hint whatsoever in the lead up videos that it was him, and nobody suspected it was him. They kept that one close to the chest (until they showed his symbol and ruined it).

Can't see how that has anything to do with what I said dude. The timing of the "big suprise" by TNA is a desperate attempt to say "HEY WE ARE STILL HERE EVERYONE, LOOK AT US, NOT WWE!". And no doubt it will be something stupid that everyone will be slagging off on here. No need to be sarcastic.

Well, tomorrow's iMPACT has already been taped and there was nothing shocking in the spoilers so this has got to be some sort of video package announcing something or someone. TNA have a tendency to overhype things by promising things that will "change the face of TNA/wrestling forever" but promising to deliver the most shocking surprise of the year is a ridiculously bold statement, even by TNA standards. Very few things can live up to such hype. Heyman, Batista or Jericho going to TNA will definitely be shocking but neither seems likely so I have no idea what they have planned. Sting coming back to TNA is not exactly shocking so I hope that won't be it. Anyway, they'd better have something damn good up their sleeves because it's never a good thing to be making promises that you can't live up to. Either way, it should be interesting to see what happens.

• Paid Members
Can't see how that has anything to do with what I said dude. The timing of the "big suprise" by TNA is a desperate attempt to say "HEY WE ARE STILL HERE EVERYONE, LOOK AT US, NOT WWE!". And no doubt it will be something stupid that everyone will be slagging off on here. No need to be sarcastic.

Dont be a spanner. TNA are a company trying to grow and if they get a deal placed on the table which could create interest, they are going to promote it. They are currently preparing for Hogan's return, two dates outside the Impact Zone and their biggest drawing PPV of the year in April. Nows the best time to be putting the name out there. Saying its a desperate attempt to sponge of WWE is such a retarded thing to say, because TNA dont need an excuse to do "surprise" angles. They are a distant number two. There is no "timing" issues when it comes to trying to stregnthen the product and the business.

And TNA are desperate. Thats no big secret.

Archived