Monday Night Raw: 21/2/2011 Discussion *Includes Spoilers*

Gooner

• Paid Members
Was difficult to watch the Taker/HHH segment, both for the lackluster pops for either of them and the awkward, dull staredown.

It's ok if you didn't like it but now you're just making things up. Trips got a huge pop when he came out. I'll agree that Taker had a bit more of a subdued reaction but Trips was over. Good to see him back too. I look forward to their match at Mania and think it could be very very good if it's up to their X7 standards. If they ignore that pointless match they had on Smackdown, which they should do, then it'll be the first time in about 10 years they've faced one on one. That has a big deal vibe that this Mania would arguably need. Also they have the whole Shawn vs. Taker thing to draw on.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's not making shit up though, that pop for both of them was shit, Im not talking drew mcintyre level, but for the big names that they are that was pretty bad, compared to their own other comebacks as well.

tbh even though I knew their would be no Sting, it still felt like a letdown, but I guess WWE got nothing else they can do, makes me wonder what they will do when Taker aint around anymore.

I wonder who Sheamus pissed off losing to herny, guess I was right about him, back to mid card with Jack swagger and the like.

• Paid Members
Was difficult to watch the Taker/HHH segment, both for the lackluster pops for either of them and the awkward, dull staredown.

It's ok if you didn't like it but now you're just making things up. Trips got a huge pop when he came out. I'll agree that Taker had a bit more of a subdued reaction but Trips was over. Good to see him back too. I look forward to their match at Mania and think it could be very very good if it's up to their X7 standards. If they ignore that pointless match they had on Smackdown, which they should do, then it'll be the first time in about 10 years they've faced one on one. That has a big deal vibe that this Mania would arguably need. Also they have the whole Shawn vs. Taker thing to draw on.

He got a big pop, but not one that you'd expect for HHH who's been out for nearly a year. Regardless of that, even if they both came out to the biggest pops they've ever had, the dull staredown afterwards was poor.

Can anyone honestly say that they've missed HHH or Undertaker? I've only started enjoying Raw since they began pushing younger guys like Miz and Punk. I know it's Wrestlemania and 'Taker has to be on the card but I have absolutely no interest in seeing Hunter and 'Taker wasting valuable TV time for the next month hyping up a match which is more than likely going to be shit anyway. At this point I'm far more interested in King and Cole than anything Undertaker's involved in.

• Paid Members

Righty happy at the rock coming back (watched on YT) I decided to give RAW a chance for the first time in years.

First off Cena, I hate his gimmick however.......That was much better i nearly enjoyed it. My only fear is it will lead to rock screwing miz and both of them in the ring doing the U cant C me bullshit.

Diva match....well its divas enough said.

Bringing out the lambo? CLASS! having kofi jump him i was thinking way to build the guy up. Then he gives him a beat down. Good job.

How the fuck does mark henry have a job still? and more to the point how is he still going over? YAWN

Then sting turns up looking like the taker, HHH then turns up spits water and they stare at each other. The whole thing was nearly lost until HHH did the crouch chop, planting the seed that hes there to avenge HBK?

Cole and jerry was...........close to the mark. I loved it.

Main event was ok served a purpose, didnt really fit that Miz wouldnt want the tag titles.

In short i quite enjoyed RAW, and i didnt think i would be saying that. I will record next weeks and see how it goes.

Ok watched it back and i dont uderstand a few things. such as barret and old nexus along with kane and in the same vein sheamus being forgotten about on the return of the people they put out. sure theres time to sort that out between now and mania but still. also taker appearing to have his outline seen by everyone only to go backstage and reenter for when his music hits. the whole segment of the two returns did nothing for me at all.

It is still quite a bad state of affairs when cole and lawler are fast becoming the most interesting match to see at mania.

Is Cole in decent shape for a wrestling match? Really hard to tell with his suits. After that promo, I actually want to see Cole vs Lawler, and a substitute for Cole would almost be a disappointment unless it was someone like Chris Jericho. Before this Raw, I had no interest at all in Cole vs Lawler, and now I can't wait to see Lawler really get his hands on Cole. Mission accomplished.

The other big part of Raw I enjoyed was the opening segment with Cena. It was almost like a time warp, we started the promo with goofy 2011 Cena, and the shift to badass 2003 Cena was immense. That's the John Cena I was a fan of. Witty, intense and fired up. I can definitely see some little kids scratching their heads over the "pinwheel" line, and while we could debate over how edgy it was compared to his old raps, it was edgy enough to serve its purpose. We didn't need a 15+ quota of swearing to convey the message.

The Cole/King interview segment was brilliant - Cole getting his arse kicked at Mania is exactly what everyone wants to see so I was fully behind Jerry here.

The Triple H v Taker rumours had been around for a while and it's just totally underwhelming to me. Taker can't be round for much longer and I'd like to see his final Mania matches be against up and comers who get so close to beating him. I don't think it'll be a shit match, however - I just think there's a million better situations for Taker. And seeing Sheamus walk out to the ring in the very next segment, completely ignoring the Trips appearance even though Sheamus has regularly gloated about the Game's hiatus, was just a little sad.

The Corre are shit. I cannot believe WWE again went down the road of rivals winning the tag belts, even if they did lose them right away. When the writers are sitting around thinking of Raw main event material, don't they ever remember what they've done in the recent past? Cena himself even won the gold (with David Otunga) only a few months ago.

• Paid Members
Can anyone honestly say that they've missed HHH or Undertaker?

I have. I don't sit there thinking "I wish they were here" every week but I've missed both enough to want to see them again. I liked the segment. There's 6 weeks to WrestleMania and they've proven in the past that they are shit at dragging these things out so last night made a perfect start. I thought the reaction to both was very good by current standards. People were going ape shit when Trips music hit, it was a great visual.

Anyway, I had to rush through the show, needed to get into work early so I can nick off early to go to Derby vs. Hull City. I thought it developed things nicely. Cena was awesome. Fantastic response to The Rock. I thought it made Cena look like a bigger man that he handled it like it was a big deal to others but he didn't give a shit.

Liked the Sheamus progression, though Daniel Bryan is a horrendous actor! Cole/Lawler stuff was great. The tag title switch was well hanled. Cena & Miz winning was way too predictable so the finish was a nice twist. I love Gabriel and Slater as a tag team, I hope they do something with them.

Orton got a nice reaction. He looks good in these little cameos. Punk continues to cripple Nexus though.

Duggan in the HOF? Meh.

• Paid Members

I didn't watch it (not watched WWE regularly since 2002), but I was curious to see what the IWC had been going on about regarding the 21.2.2011 RAW.

I have to say, I'm kind of feeling "is that it?" Thought it was going be something massive like Sting joining WWE, Vince announcing he's actually called Sheila or the return of the Gobbledygooker.

Guess it's bigger news if you actually watch it.

I thought the Triple H/Undertaker segment was cringeworthy and have absolutely zero interest in seeing a match between them at WrestleMania, which is a pity because I am a big fan of both (anyone who knows me knows I am one of the biggest 'Taker marks around). I will still buy Mania regardless and I know I do not speak for the entire fanbase, and I am sure it will be a solid match on the big show, but it has zero appeal or aura to me. The segment was silly and I think even the most blinkered fan knew that.

Archived