danchilton

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

It may not be one of the best but it's one of my favourites -

Shawn Michaels vs HHH - Summerslam 2002

Great match with an awesome finish.

The Mankind title win, which has already been mentioned, is possibly my all time favourite. Don't hold me to that though...

Other ones I remember but cant (be arsed to) find videos of

- the Raw in 99 where shamrock challenges Vince to a match. I just remember there being a huge pop for that

- Rocks entrance at the aforementioned Breakdown 98

- Austin's entrances at WM14 and Summerslam 98 were monster

- "Kane" unmasks as the Undertaker and confronts McMahon, circa 1998

- Jericho beating HHH for the world title in 1999

- Jericho's debut

- Rock v Hogan (obvious one there)

- Most of Kane's entrances during the build to WM14

The Undertakers return at Judgement Day during the Rock/Triple H Iron Man match - EPIC, complete chaos and a red hot Kentucky crowd going absolutely crazy.

Link

It just about edges out Austins return during the Rock/Triple H bout at Backlash and Austins return (again) during the Foley/Triple H match on RAW - both mind blowing reactions though.

• Paid Members
The whole "smart fans forgetting to boo Cena at the Rumble 2008" thing gets massively overblown.

Whenever he comes out, the first thing you hear is a big cheer. The part of the audience that loves him (anywhere from 50% to 85% or there abouts) goes nuts screaming, then as that begins to die down a little, the undercurrent of booing becomes more noticeable.

I was live in that Rumble audience and that's what happened. It certainly wasn't the case that everyone started cheering then suddenly went "hang on, I hate Cena... BOOOOOOO". The section i was in had a bunch of kids going mental and a load of older fans looking a bit miffed.

Of course he got a huge pop at the beginning, for his fans it was a huge shock and so they were louder than ever, but it's bullshit to say that "everyone cheered, before they remembered they hate Cena".

A friends of mine was also there that night. He admitted (and could be seen on camera doing so) marking like a child when Cena returned, for about 10 seconds, then he started booing, as did many others in his section.

Don't think anything will ever top the Harts at Canadian Stampede for me at least from the UK and North America (there may have been better ones in Japan/Mexico that I'm forgetting/haven't seen). In an era full of super over talents (Hogan, Outsiders, Austin, Sting, Luger, Undertaker, DDP, Foley, Rock - who I all saw get pops/extended chants from their fans during that late 90s period) that one was the best for me.

The whole "smart fans forgetting to boo Cena at the Rumble 2008" thing gets massively overblown.

Whenever he comes out, the first thing you hear is a big cheer. The part of the audience that loves him (anywhere from 50% to 85% or there abouts) goes nuts screaming, then as that begins to die down a little, the undercurrent of booing becomes more noticeable.

I can believe that. Haven't been to a live show in years (and last time I did Cena was still a midcarder SmackDown) but that is the way it comes across to me on TV as the majority being pro-Cena and it being a vocal minority who don't like him. WrestleMania's aside I don't think we've had a crowd where it sounds like the majority hate Cena since 2006 (I can think of a few Raws from late 2005-early 06 where it did seem that way plus One Night Stand, Survivor Series '05, New Year's Revolution, etc. where it was talked about it being a bigger % anti-Cena than pro). I think the majority of fans seem to either like him or have gotten used to him nowadays. :thumbsup:

Archived