Worst TV/Film Remakes

DannRead

• Paid Members

The Elm St remake was a fucking abortion. Completely devoid of any tension & the fact they changed the core concept behind the idea (Freddy attacks you in your sleep) by introducing 'micro-naps' meaning he can just pop up anywhere takes away from the whole point that the victims fate was inevitable as everyone has to sleep. As a fan of the original I knew I was going to get annoyed with the remake when the reviews came out.

I liked number 3 too, it was a departure from the tone of original but was realy enjoyable.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Elm St remake was a fucking abortion. Completely devoid of any tension & the fact they changed the core concept behind the idea (Freddy attacks you in your sleep) by introducing 'micro-naps' meaning he can just pop up anywhere takes away from the whole point that the victims fate was inevitable as everyone has to sleep. As a fan of the original I knew I was going to get annoyed with the remake when the reviews came out.

Plus the fact Freddy didn't want to kill Nancy he set up this whole thing just so he could put her into a permanent sleep so he could rape her forever but then once he did put her into a permanent sleep he just decided to kill her.

Archived