Worst TV/Film Remakes

DannRead

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tim Burtons "attempt" to remake Willy Wonka is still, to this day the biggest abortion of a film I have ever had the displeasure of watching in my life.

The Dawn of the Dead remake (2005ish I think) was pretty decent from what I can remember.

• Paid Members
The Dawn of the Dead remake (2005ish I think) was pretty decent from what I can remember.

Better than the original...and I'm a huge fan of the Zombie genre.

But it's not technically a remake...but then it is...so where do you draw the line at remake and re-imagining (a la Tim Burton's Wonka, Planet of the Apes, Alice in Wonderland...)?

i know this isn't classed as a remake but fuck me, book 3 of noth and south was utterly shocking an abortion if you will, book 1 and book 2 were simply fantastic but was ruined with book 3.

loved that series untill book 3 came out and pissed all over the whole story of book 1 and 2.

• Paid Members

one of the greatest thigs about the US Red Dwarf remake is Doug Naylor and everyone else ripping the fuck out of it on the Season 5 DVD extra, you would almost think "Episodes" was based on that doc alone

also whoever decided remaking THE PRISONER of all shows was a fucking cunt. Random generic tit wank over Patrick awesomesauce McGoohan, jeesh

The red head is aleep by the way, her name is Laura, read her passport (this for anyone reading the ONS thread) :p

The Nightmare On Elm St remake IMO is not just the worse remake ever but maybe the worse film I've ever watched that is the only film what made me want to walk out of the cinema I only stayed in hope it would somehow get better plus the fact I'm a huge Freddy fan hell I even liked the series but not that crap.

I didn't think it was that bad to be honest.

Not a classic by any stretch, but certainly watchable if you're a NOEM fan.

• Paid Members

Let's face it, there was only ever one good Nightmare On Elm Street film, and that was the first one. The rest of them were bollocks. A remake was worth doing to see if they could drag some respectability out of what was a crap franchise.

Let's face it, there was only ever one good Nightmare On Elm Street film, and that was the first one. The rest of them were bollocks. A remake was worth doing to see if they could drag some respectability out of what was a crap franchise.

I have to disagree there I admit Freddy's Revenge and New Nightmare sucked but the rest were ok to good in fact I'd say Dream Warriors may even be better than part one or it's at least as good.

I didn't mind the idea of a remake until I saw it and I was very happy Jackie Earle Haley got the part as I thought he would make a excellent Freddy and I still do if he got a good script.

But the remake was just god awful it was one of the only films I've ever seen what managed to be both boring and crap.

• Paid Members

I have to disagree there I admit Freddy's Revenge and New Nightmare sucked but the rest were ok to good in fact I'd say Dream Warriors may even be better than part one or it's at least as good.

I've heard people talking about that part along these lines before and I just think that's bollocks. I think people have been blinded by a cast far too good for any horror franchise film and the fact that it was directed by Chuck Russell.

The original was a proper horror film. Dream Warriors was a cacky horror comedy with the usual shitty one-liners. It's clearly not a patch on Friday The 13th Part 8: Jason Takes Manhattan in those stakes either.

Archived