WWE

Super Cena

• Paid Members

I'll admit, I haven't watched WWE for a while (partly because I'm watching TNA right now and REALLY want to like it - WWE production makes it look really small-time; partly because I really am fed-up of Cena), so it saddens me to hear that Orton's boring people. He was one of my favourite guys to watch over the past few years - thought he was one of the best and coolest heels ever. I figured that, if WWE had truly learned their lesson from his first, disastrous face run, they'd make sure he'd be the coolest face in years too.

One thing I will say: Orton's ring-work isn't terrible, it's just "too solid", for want of a better phrase. Considering the number of real shit-arses WWE have had in the ring in the past, I'd say it's best not to go overboard.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im glad people are cottoning on to how dull and lifeless Orton is

If there has been one wrestler who has made me turn of wrestling over the past few years its him, he bored me to death in his feuds as a heel with Cena and HHH and now after a promising few months in the summer his face run is dead in the water

I think he is just not entertaining enough, as much as I enjoy CM Punk I have no interest in that feud and its all down to Orton, notice how The Miz is much more enjoyable when feuding with Morrison and Lawler

I hope he goes on hiatus but he wont, the reaction to him at the Rumble when him and Cena faces of was embarassing

I have to say the quality and consistency of RAW at the moment is certainly up from the previous several years (I stopped watching altogether at various points over the last couple of years), but I wouldn't go overboard on it until they start taking a few more risks to get away from the 'safety first' booking. People like Miz, Del Rio and CM Punk are all entertaining, but they're not 'stars' and won't be until someone allows them to run with the ball for a significant amount of time. Yes, Miz has had the title for a few months, but the most memorable thing about his title reign has been coming off second best to Jerry Lawler on a few occasions. Even if he finally gets one over on Lawler at EC, he'll then more than likely lose to Cena a month later, and then we're back at an impasse with him.

This became most clear for me looking at the prospective Wrestlemania card a couple of weeks ago. Barring a surprise return or unlikely Cena/Undertaker match, there wasn't a single match or feud that screamed 'Wrestlemania' at you and would seem too big for one of the 'B-level' PPVs. Put another way, if The Rock wasn't coming back and either Cena or Undertaker picked up an injury to keep them out of Mania, the WWE would be absolutely Donald Ducked. The TV has been entertaining recently, but I think as well as keeping that up the next year has to be primarily focused on pushing people like Miz and Punk to the next level, even if that means the likes of Cena or Orton taking a clean, decisive loss from time to time. The Nexus/Wade Barrett stuff has made for a few fun feuds, but because he's lost decisively everytime he's come up against Cena or Orton, Barrett is dead in the water at this time as a potential drawing point for Wrestlemania - the fact that he's even being talked about as a potential opponent for the Undertaker is a bit of a joke. They're steadily running out of old stars they can bring back to pop a buyrate, so if it were me I would book the next year as if there were a real chance of losing Cena or Undertaker for the big card.

• Paid Members
I hope he goes on hiatus but he wont, the reaction to him at the Rumble when him and Cena faces of was embarassing

Dont be silly and pretend that the stone cold silence the crowd gave to that face off was down to Orton alone. The crowd didnt give a shit because they've seen Orton and Cena go at it 17 million times already in the last couple of years. Orton gets good crowd reactions, so plenty of people do care about him.

Stone Cold and The Rock got a great reaction at Armageddon 2000 when they came face to face in the ring, because they had been kept apart for about 2 years (granted about 10 months of that was down to Austin breaking his neck, but even before he got injured they were apart for a good 6-8months, and 4 months after he came back).

The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels got a great reception at the Rumble a few years back cause they hadnt even been in the same ring for about 10 years.

You can't water down a match/feud as much as they watered down Orton/Cena and still expect the crowd to give a shit when the come face to face in the middle of the Rumble.

Dont be silly and pretend that the stone cold silence the crowd gave to that face off was down to Orton alone. The crowd didnt give a shit because they've seen Orton and Cena go at it 17 million times already in the last couple of years. Orton gets good crowd reactions, so plenty of people do care about him.

Stone Cold and The Rock got a great reaction at Armageddon 2000 when they came face to face in the ring, because they had been kept apart for about 2 years (granted about 10 months of that was down to Austin breaking his neck, but even before he got injured they were apart for a good 6-8months, and 4 months after he came back).

The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels got a great reception at the Rumble a few years back cause they hadnt even been in the same ring for about 10 years.

You can't water down a match/feud as much as they watered down Orton/Cena and still expect the crowd to give a shit when the come face to face in the middle of the Rumble.

There is the reason I want him to go on hiates, its not just the fact I find him boring, dull and lifeless he has wrestled pretty much everyone now barring Punk on Raw, he is just simply overexposed

I know the draft is coming up but honestly I think Orton should take a page out of Jerichos book take a break and come back with a fresh leash of life

I've found Raw generally fantastic since after the last Cena/Orton feud ended. Since the start of 2010, I think it's been better than it had been any other year after 2001.

Smackdown's really picked up since the start of this year as well, I'd found it atrocious for ages before that.

Fuck me, The King is bang on here. :thumbsup:

Archived