Steroids

Richie Freebird

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The one thing I see missing from this thread is an appreciation for the genetics that these wrestlers possess. It may be hard to believe, but people like Cena, Ezekiel Jackson, Rob Terry, Batista etc. and all the other massive wrestlers are elite athletes and have elite genetics for recovery and muscle building. They would most likely have better physiques than 90% of people without even touching a weight. Throw into the mix hard training and good eating, and you have before you a behemoth. To use an example from bodybuilding, it is well known that former Mr Olympia Ronnie Coleman turned professional at around 225lbs at 5ft 11 drug free (and notice here he is massive and lean and freakish looking):

Begin03_LG.jpg

After he turned pro, he started using drugs (and very modest doses according to his long-time mentor and gym-owner Brian Dobson). At his biggest, he was 296lbs at the 2003 Mr Olympia I believe it was:

aabn0424.jpg

However, Ronnie Coleman was still huge before he even touched a weight. He was also well know as the hardest training bodybuilder of his era.

Rob Terry has won numerous natural bodybuilding competitions (which are drug tested), which just goes to show that someone who the average internet fan denounces as a 'juicer' is, in fact, a genetic freak and clean. It is well know within the wrestling locker room that Rob Terry is natural. So, upon that logic, and in a company that contains elite athletes, it is not unbelievable that Cena etc are natural too.

Also, having been interested in bodybuilding for years and spent a lot of times in gyms, it also becomes easier and easier to spot a physique that is chemically enhanced. Look at the wrestling physiques of 1990/1991 (people like the Road Warriors, Barbarian, Warlord, British Bulldog etc) and you'll notice they all have huge shoulders and traps, they are all retaining water and look slightly bloated despite being lean, and have a slight redness to their skin tone. Compare that to nowadays. I'm almost certain John Cena is natural (despite what goons like Fin Martin say). You can also tell a big difference between Batista when he started out compared to when he ended.

That is not to say that some of these guys aren't using drugs (I'm pretty sure WWE don't test for HGH do they, which speeds recovery and helps maintain leaness), but my point is that it is not such a dead cert as some people make out, and probably not the guys you necessarily expect it is.

its impossiable to test for hgh unless its within 24hrs of them taking it thats why hgh is been used in most sports rugby american football and ice hockey are the latest sports to have cases of it use but it mainly after some has been caught buying them all most all are untestable for it

lol at Rob Terry being clean and 100% natural

I personally can't say whether he's clean or not. What I will say is the guy is an absolute anaimal in the gym, and has an incredibly strict diet. I know for a fact that eveytime he went to the cinema, he took a big packet of cooked chicken to eat, and that's not a joke. Whether he's on gear or not, nobody can doubt his work ethic in bodybuilding.

Rob Terry has won numerous natural bodybuilding competitions (which are drug tested), which just goes to show that someone who the average internet fan denounces as a 'juicer' is, in fact, a genetic freak and clean. It is well know within the wrestling locker room that Rob Terry is natural. So, upon that logic, and in a company that contains elite athletes, it is not unbelievable that Cena etc are natural too.

I have it on very good authority - from a cousin who trained in the same gym as Big Rob for several years - that he used to enjoy starting his workouts by watching the larger wannabe rugby-player types bench press to failure, then pick up whatever they were using and begin his warm ups with 30-40 reps using the same weight just to mess with them. This is going back several years but even then he was benching over 400lbs for several reps with relative ease. I asked my cousin if he reckoned Mr Terry might be acquainted with a good pharmacist and he was adamant that he wouldn't (and couldn't, given the competitions he was entering) touch the stuff, even though steroid use is rife especially round these parts - the massive rugby player look goes down well with the ladies in the valleys, even if that look is helped along by a needle.

If any more proof is needed that genetics have played a significant role, check out this photo of a 15 year old Rob Terry, off his Bodybuilding profile

1yicYjRRn8GvAGFXb4XlAKCzynW5A657.jpeg

• Paid Members

To be honest although alot of the guys do look huge, its not impossible to look like they do if they are not on steriods. If i remeber correctly, wwe do actual test all the guys an a regular basis now, and publish the results dont they? Tna did start something similar, although i dont think theres is a serious.

Either wat i personally think that 9/10 bodies in WWE are natural currently. Masters is, when he was on gear....he was stupidly big. He's still big now, but again id imagine they still run the regular tests?

or am i being to optimistic? If it helps i think they took the drug tests 100% more seriously since the Benoit thing, so again might just be me.

How can you say that though when he has won numerous drug tested bodybuilding competitions, with various sources saying he is clean? It's like saying you doubt Usain Bolt can run the 100 metres as quick as he does without steroids, just because he is so fucking fast.

Rob Terry posing at "The most exciting natural bodybuilding show in New England"

http://musclemania.com/home/britain.html

How can you say that though when he has won numerous drug tested bodybuilding competitions, with various sources saying he is clean? It's like saying you doubt Usain Bolt can run the 100 metres as quick as he does without steroids, just because he is so fucking fast.

Rob Terry posing at "The most exciting natural bodybuilding show in New England"

http://musclemania.com/home/britain.html

Agreed. If you can't believe he's in that shape without steroids, based on this evidence, then nothing will ever dissuade you from this opinion. To compete and win in all these competitions is THE very definition of being drug free.

I mean, seriously, what other proof could you possibly ask for?

the thing is what do they test for they cant test for everything and there is always new peds that are undetectable or they haven't worked out how to find it. I just think if there going to use it you need medical people that know how to do it safely and correctly instead of been told to put size on or get ripped and then left to it. Myself personally would do it unless I had spoken to a doctor I think a lot of them do it just to get ahead and have little to no clue about what they are doing.

That's not really a valid counterpoint though is it?

The sky is blue. Your counterargument would therefore be "yeah but are you sure your eyes are seeing it right, it looks blue but how can you be sure?"

I would like to see a valid counterpoint not based on anecdotal evidence that suggests Rob Terry is on the juice. To clarify, "yeah but he's freakishly big" and "yeah but how do we know they test for everything" do not count. These are opinions, not facts. He's satisfied all the criteria for not one but many natural bodybuilding contests over several years. You'd think if he was on something he'd have slipped up by now, no? Even I will concede he looks like he's on something, but the overwhelming weight of evidence proves otherwise.

Unusually intelligent of steroid usage in here today, I'd have thought by now kenny and the usual suspects would have been jumping up and down about dead wrestlers being proof everyone who does steroids dies of an exploded heart. With sensible examples like earthquake and owen hart.

Archived