smackdown spoilers

xear

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dolph Ziggler is the lastest WWF triple crown champion. I remember Bret Hart achieving that feat in 1992 and it being a massive deal, him being only the second man to do it and the first during the expansion era. Now Ziggler is the 23rd man to do it and it doesn't mean a thing. And WWE wonder why their PPV buyrates are on their arse.

What? Of course more wrestlers are going to have done it 19 years later.

• Paid Members

I think the point is "it doesnt mean a thing" because the titles these days are fairly meaningless and get passed around like Missy Hyatt at the EcW christmas party. When Bret (for example) won all three of the titles, all three really meant something.

In reality Dolph is the weakest Triple Crown holder to date. His Intercontinental title reign was of course legit and a decent run, but his tag team title reign goes unrecognized on tv at present (as does his Spirit Squad past in general) and is only considered a reign at all because of the stupid Freebird-esque defending of the titles when it was actually Kenny and Mikey that won the titles, not Nicky/Dolph. And his "World title reign" came about after a retrospective Dusty finish to a match that took place 6 days earlier, on a screwjob disqualification caused by the champion not really breaking any rules.

• Paid Members
I've always dug Christian, but I can't see that shit flying for a second and personally I think it's a good thing. I still feel that down the line Edge will get to put him over in a strong showing, but it's not going to be during Wrestlemania season.

At least Dolph got into the history books!

What, as the least memorable Heavyweight Champion in the history of Pro Wrestling?

Dude, I think the irony of that post was a little lost there.

I've always dug Christian, but I can't see that shit flying for a second and personally I think it's a good thing. I still feel that down the line Edge will get to put him over in a strong showing, but it's not going to be during Wrestlemania season.

At least Dolph got into the history books!

What, as the least memorable Heavyweight Champion in the history of Pro Wrestling?

Dude, I think the irony of that post was a little lost there.

Sorry man. I often forget which posters are fools and which can be trusted for a bit of sarcasm.

I've never recovered from that week where half the forum changed names!!

Archived