Wrestlers Court stories

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members

Being angry that, as you said, some nobody used your finisher is understandable. The reasoning is moronic. The idea that "his move wouldn't get over with the crowd" is utterly retarded.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Being angry that, as you said, some nobody used your finisher is understandable. The reasoning is moronic. The idea that "his move wouldn't get over with the crowd" is utterly retarded.

The reason you have moves is to get over with the crowd. What other possible reason is there to be upset about it?

• Paid Members
The reason you have moves is to get over with the crowd. What other possible reason is there to be upset about it?

It's disrespectful, is it not? In a fed where its the standard for everyone to have a finishing move that no one else does with only a small number of exceptions, its a bit taking-the-piss.

I'm really not having this "get the move over" business though. In 2005, Eddy already was hugely over and so was his frog splash. While executing your main eventer's finish in your own match is the action of either someone naive, ignorant or cretinous, I can't imagine it actually having a baring on Eddy's match or crowd reactions to it whatsoever.

• Paid Members

The reason the move is over is because no-one lower down the card uses it. It's established and over we his finisher. If other people start using it, it won't be as over when he does it. It's pretty simple really. This may have just been once but you don't allow the precedent.

It would be interesting to know if the Frog Splash was the finish or if it only got a 2. If it was kicked out of I can see why Eddy would be pissed that some scrub has devalued his finisher.

Just look what happened to the DDT In a 'real' fight (assuming you could actually pull it off) smashing a man's head into the ground with the combined force of both your body weights should be enough to kill never mind knocking a man out. Now it's finishes about as many matches as a headlock :laugh:

It would be interesting to know if the Frog Splash was the finish or if it only got a 2. If it was kicked out of I can see why Eddy would be pissed that some scrub has devalued his finisher.

Just look what happened to the DDT in a 'real' fight (assuming you could actually pull it off) smashing a man's head into the ground with the combined force of both your body weights should be enough to kill never mind knocking a man out. Now it's finishes about as many matches as a headlock :laugh:

Yeah it was randomly thrown into the middle of a match, and the opponent kicked out of it.

• Paid Members
To be fair, he;s a complete tool for nicking the main eventers' finishing move.

This is my thought. The guy was disrespectful by doing that and by throwing it in to the middle of the match it devalues the move as it wasn't treated as something that could end the match.

Say what you want about Wrestler's Court, but I'll bet that guy was a lot more respectful after that.

This is my thought. The guy was disrespectful by doing that and by throwing it in to the middle of the match it devalues the move as it wasn't treated as something that could end the match.

Say what you want about Wrestler's Court, but I'll bet that guy was a lot more respectful after that.

Don't think he was around much longer in all fairness.

• Paid Members

RVD debuted in the WWF while Eddie Guerrero was doing Indy dates and trying to sort his life out, if memory serves me correct. Nobody was using the Frog Splash in the WWF when Van Dam debuted. And they made a storyline out of who had the better frog splash, so that explained why both used it.

With the exception of stuff that just has so much visual impact (like tombstones, powerbombs from 6'10'' guys etc) Imo it's not so much a case of a move being lethal/over just because of what it is. What's supposed to make it such a devastating move is the fact that the guy who chooses it has mastered it and executes it better than anyone else. Even if it doesn't look any different to the naked eye, the fact the top guy can put away other top guys is enough to make it credible and undercarders trying poor imitations of said move won't change that. If someone's only getting 2 counts from a move in opening matches, it tells me that his execution is not up to scratch, not that the move itself isn't credible as a finisher for someone else who does it better.

For example, when Shawn Michaels came back in 2002, was the superkick devalued in any way by the fact that Lance Storm, Justin Credible, Chuck Palumbo, Scotty 2 Hotty, Tajiri and probably a load of others had been using it in the past year, often mid-match? There's been hundreds of top guys in various feds over the years with finishers that weren't exclusive to them.

If that's the rules, then it's fair enough to be annoyed with someone for being a bit discourteous, but in reality, the impact of the 'crime' would be completely negligable

Re. this court thing in general, i'm with Paul London. What a load of infantile bollocks.

PS - who was it anyway? and was there special dispensation given to Chavo jr to allow him to use it now and again?

Have non of you ever been involved in a brotherhood / fraternity? Or a travelling group? This sort of thing (to most, those who can take it FWIW) is there to increase comeradery, and have a laugh.

Jerry Lawler said you should never join a group that make you do things like initiations.

Archived