Wrestlers Court stories

IANdrewDiceClay

Have non of you ever been involved in a brotherhood / fraternity? Or a travelling group? This sort of thing (to most, those who can take it FWIW) is there to increase comeradery, and have a laugh.

Jerry Lawler said you should never join a group that make you do things like initiations.

And Groucho Marx said that you should never join any club that would actually have you as a member.

I'm not sure how that's relevant but feel I should mention it nevertheless :laugh:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Just watched Scott Hall commentating on a match between Bradshaw and X-Pac. What they mentioned is that, when Hall came back to the WWF, without evening speaking to Bradshaw, out of respect Bradshaw stopped doing the SOS move that was one of Hall's trademarks. Hall says you dont get guys like that anymore, who are aware of what the rules of the lockerroom are. Its supposed to be a massive no-no if you nick someones move, so can see why they'd be pissed off. Taking the punishment to the levels the likes of Benoit, JBL and Guerrero were known for is a bit dodgy though.

In one of Foley's books he mentions Al snow and himself going to wrestlers court for buggering off and stranding Bob Holly. I think they paid his road expenses for a week as punishment.

I wonder if Bob Holly was put in wrestler's court legitimately beating the heck out of Rene Dupree at a house show.

• Paid Members
In one of Foley's books he mentions Al snow and himself going to wrestlers court for buggering off and stranding Bob Holly. I think they paid his road expenses for a week as punishment.

I wonder if Bob Holly was put in wrestler's court legitimately beating the heck out of Rene Dupree at a house show.

Wasn't that a reciept for Dupree writing off a hire care that he had taken out in Bob's name though?

Edit - what Ian said!

• Paid Members
To be fair, he;s a complete tool for nicking the main eventers' finishing move.

This is my thought. The guy was disrespectful by doing that and by throwing it in to the middle of the match it devalues the move as it wasn't treated as something that could end the match.

Say what you want about Wrestler's Court, but I'll bet that guy was a lot more respectful after that.

Don't think he was around much longer in all fairness.

Doesn't matter, I'm sure he was still in the wrestling business. It doesn't matter what level you're working for, it's still a big no no. Guys need to learn that respect and learn it fast. You'd be suprised how many people come into wrestling and think they can do what they want and generally believe that they are better than they are.

• Paid Members

No. That was Rene Dupree's punishment for getting Bob Holly a speeding ticket.

Holly did a job for a local jobber at the next Smackdown tapings if memory serves me correctly, bizarre as it sounds.

Archived