20 Years Ago Today

Happ Hazzard

Is the soundtrack available anywhere? At times I used to pause a level on my Amiga and just have the music playing non stop.

London Bridge is falling down was a particular fav :thumbsup:

Try Galbadia (sp?) hotel its probably there as p[retty much every sound track known to man is]

Im not the worlds greatest Lemmings Fan it has to be said, platyed quite a bit of the 1st two games, just dont ever really 'do ' anything for us. Shame

Is the soundtrack available anywhere? At times I used to pause a level on my Amiga and just have the music playing non stop.

London Bridge is falling down was a particular fav :thumbsup:

Try Galbadia (sp?) hotel its probably there as p[retty much every sound track known to man is]

Im not the worlds greatest Lemmings Fan it has to be said, platyed quite a bit of the 1st two games, just dont ever really 'do ' anything for us. Shame

BEST. SITE. EVER.

Many thanks.

• Paid Members
Off topic, as good as the Amiga was, Creatures and Creatures 2 on the C64 wiped their arses with their Amiga counterparts.

The C64 wiped the floor with the Amiga for many games and arcade conversions. The C64 Rainbow Islands was far better than the Amiga one, for instance. I remember R-Type being better on the C64 too.

Dude, I used to love my C64, spent many an hour on Magicland Dizzy, Rainbow Islands and Batman. I actually still own my C64 AND my Commodore Vic 20 which was my first computer. Both still work with cartridges, but the tape doesn't seem to work anymore. May pick one up for another play sometime. I seem to remember the tape decks had a habbit of packing up. I did actually hook the Vic 20 up to the TV a couple of years ago, seeing Astroids on a 40 inch plasma did feel a little strange I must admit.

• Paid Members

I loved Lemmings and remember my brother and I playing it on his Amiga when I was younger. I can't think of another game that was so addictive as this off the top of my head. I remember rushing upstairs as soon as I got home from school to play it.

My mother's attic is like a treasure trove of everything from the 80s/90s and if she decided to sort it all out she'd make a fortune. She still has Commodore 64s (my brother and I had one each), an Amiga 500, Amiga 1200 (with keyboard attachment) and an original Nintendo NES console as well.

The C64 wiped the floor with the Amiga for many games and arcade conversions. The C64 Rainbow Islands was far better than the Amiga one, for instance. I remember R-Type being better on the C64 too.

Never played Rainbow Islands on the Amiga. Wasn't too mad on that or Bubble Bobble. Loved The New Zealand Story though. (That had something to do with that series...or was it the same creators or something?)

Turrican's 1 & 2, and the Last Ninja series also piddled on the Amiga versions, sir.

Oh, it's nice to reminisce about the C64. Only thing I hated about the C64 was no matter what I typed in that didn't involve loading a game, would come up with Syntax Error. We've all typed 'FUCK OFF' and got that error...

The C64 had some amazing games, my favourite was Street Hassle, a scrolling beat em up where you could tickle dogs and old women(?) Special mention to Dizzy as well.

However I preferred my Amiga

Archived