IWF Wrestling Kings Of Neon 3 - Saturday 5th March 2011

IWF

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

one is an aggressive, arrogant heel, the other is a no nonsense, high flying babyface, they dont all have to be elaborate over the top characters, everyone has character traits in one form or another, even if some are far more subtle

Definitely agree with you, if only Lewis had a character XD

I've tried putting my finger on it for a while now. The guy is talented no doubt but I couldn't work out why, well, why no-one cared in the crowd. This is it!

If there was more character or crowd work he'd be more appealing to a UK or USA audience

I think he can be interesting in terms of character, whenever he fights another face, he tends to slip into the heel role a lot more. He did it at the TOF i think.

If you are going via public transport. The metro system to Brockley whins (Brock Lesnar station is how i always remember). And if your traveling via automobile, just off john ried road is the safest bet :thumbsup:

• Paid Members
If you are going via public transport. The metro system to Brockley whins (Brock Lesnar station is how i always remember). And if your traveling via automobile, just off john ried road is the safest bet :thumbsup:

It's about a 5-10 minute walk from the metro. Not far at all.

Wow - just wow!

Fantastic show from IWF. Curious to see where there go from here with Flash Roberts or if that's him done for good. Just quick recall:

Show started with Tim Strange and Redemption (Leon Kingdon, Redback brothers and Flash Roberts) coming to the ring, Tim promptly fired Flash for the reasons mentioned above making himself the IWF's Hitler only wishing to have an army of big muscly bald men. Tim promised it was going to be Redemption's night.

Justice League (TY McFly & Kitty Morgan) defeated Hot Wings (Max Heat & Brett Eagle) to become number one contenders for the tag titles. Great match that got the loudest crowd reactions until the main event along with some great comedy spots, very good showing for all involved. The match finished when TY took advantage of Max and Brett's miscommunication and was able to catch Brett off the top rope with a Cutter.

El Villiente (Valiente?) defeated Jack Flash and Marcus Starr, while this was said it was for 3 newcomers/debuters I have to say they all looked incredibly comfortable in the ring. I can definitely see more becoming of each of these 3 and I really hope I do.

Redback Redemption defeated Minto Bros. for the IWF Tag Titles, not sure if it was due to the fact the Mintos didn't use their usual Power Rangers theme or not but they just didn't seem as hot as usual. Sorely let down from wat was expected here and the crowd showed it, lowest reactions of the night. Redemption on their way to making it their night.

Leon Kingdom defeated Lewis 'The Dragon' Chambers with a low blow and a small package pin for the victory. Fantastic match from the pair and really stood out on the card, Lewis' lack of initial reaction on the his entrance did not reflect this match at all, credit where it's due, for lack of character the guy can wrestle. Redemption 2 for 2.

Interval.

Tim Strange defeated Billy Morrison in a world of sport match for the North East championship. Cheat to win victory in this match but Redemtion went 3 for 3, they were right.

Adam Christ defeated Robbie Ryder, what was quite a slow match in places rarely got the crowd riled up but it was very solid. Adam got the win when a mystery person (in Adam Christ face paint) jumped onto the apron to distract the referee allowing Adam Christ's manager (forget name) to slide in and hit Robbie giving Adam the pin.

Big Kris came out for the main event title match versus Assassin, however after his music was played once through there was no sign on him. Instead Redemption came out, saying once again it was their night and they were going to make an example of someone and they'd chosen IWF number one contender Big Kris. As the circled the ring ready to attack TY McFly, Lewis Chambers and Katsu ran out evening-out the numbers and preventing a 4 on 1 attack. IWF GM Mr. Hollywood promptly made this a 4 on 4 tag team match Redmeption vs Big Kris, TY McFly, Lewis Chambers and Katsu.

They did not disappoint, the crowd went crazy during this match. The lack of character that hurt Lewis earlier in the night was gone standing between 3 of the biggest characters in IWF. The crowd hated Tim and Redemption with a passion and let him know it. Surprisingly great performances for all involved especially as 87.5% of people in this match had already been in matches earlier on. After some brilliant individual performances the match devolved into a quick exchange of finishing moves getting a bigger reaction with each finisher hit. This culminating in a moonsault to the outside onto all but Tim and Kris delivered by Katsu. Leaving Kris to hit a big splash on Tim for the victory. The crowd went nuts as Kris, TY, Lewis and Katsu stood as victors in the ring.

You've cememented my ticket for Longbenton on the 18th and from the sound of last night many others too. One of the best IWF shows within this and last year in my opinion. Definitely agree with alanjay69 about TY standing out but cannot forget about the younger lads in the triple threat or anyone including Redmeption in the main event.

Really enjoyed this show, possibly one of the best I have seen. The 8 Man Tag was a Brilliant match very unexpected but good to see Redemption got there comeuppance.

I really enjoyed it. Was impressed with the Jack Flash vs Villiente vs Marcus Starr these guys will go far if they keep up there hard work!

Can't wait for Long Benton now, Redemption are looking stronger now and I like Tim Strange's hitler approach to the faction creating an idealistic perfect group of wrestlers.

Roll on 18th of March!

VV

Archived