Smackdown using stock footage fan reactions?

tnauk

Anyone remember trish stratus girl? whenever experience/bottom line showed a weapon shot they would cutaway to a girl dressed as trish stratus taking a photo. This went on for about 3 years

:laugh: Me and a mate have a long running argument over this, I always said it was a fan dressed as a witch on a Halloween episode and he said it was Trish Stratus, I'm just sure the hat was pointy :laugh: I'll happily concede defeat if the consenus is that it's Trish.

I've never noticed this. It was obvious on the cut away shots on the Saturday morning shows, but that was understandable. I suppose it's no different for Smackdown which is a taped and edited show.

On a slightly related note, does anyone remember the old Superstars and Challenge introductions, where it was blatantly obvious that the commentators were superimposed onto the crowd shots of the arena. They would even show a back view of the commentators, with the crowd and the match in front of them, at times.

So, I'm wondering this. When there was some actual interaction with the commentators, for example Ric Flair taunting Roddy Piper in '91, or Big Bossman taking Bobby Heenan and hancuffing him to the railings he year before, were they actually proper commentary set-ups like today, or were they just there for show?

They always used to use stock reactions on the weekend shows whenever there was a chairshot/punch/kick as well.

This popped right into my head when I saw the title for this topic. I used to always catch the Saturday morning edit of Smackdown followed by Heat / Bottom Line that would show the RAW highlights on Sky 1 when we were too poor to have the sports channels. Every week without fail would be the same clip of a red haired bird with phenomenal knockers in a green top raising her hands up and pouting to the camera would show when there was a weapon shot. Every week. Who else remembers this clip? It aired on every Bottom Line for at least 2 years!

They always used to use stock reactions on the weekend shows whenever there was a chairshot/punch/kick as well.

This popped right into my head when I saw the title for this topic. I used to always catch the Saturday morning edit of Smackdown followed by Heat / Bottom Line that would show the RAW highlights on Sky 1 when we were too poor to have the sports channels. Every week without fail would be the same clip of a red haired bird with phenomenal knockers in a green top raising her hands up and pouting to the camera would show when there was a weapon shot. Every week. Who else remembers this clip? It aired on every Bottom Line for at least 2 years!

I say bring back the weapons then :)

Archived