Bacon Sandwich Thread

gmoney

• Paid Members

bacon_sandwich_bacon_vs_ham_vs_pork_chops-s480x360-49494-580.jpg

I was leafing through an old Loaded mag the other day whilst having a pint and playing darts, and came across a spread on the glory of the bacon sandwich. Let's celebrate this most wondrous of creations.

How do you have yours?

• Paid Members

Bread, brown sauce. Fry the bread on one side. Mama used to dip one side in the fat and pop it on the grill till it went crunchy.

Must admit if I'm going to be arsed to get the pan out for a breakfast/hangover sandwich, 9 times out of 10 there has to be sausage too and black pudding doesn't hurt.

Well...

mabel2.jpg

EDIT Yeah, Reggae Reggae for a change is nice too. Fuck ketchup.

Quite versatile, the old bacon sandwich.

Either the mid-day snack BLT on brown roll 'healthy option'. The addition of a good handful of lettuce neutralises all the fat of the bacon (if someone could verify this for me that would be great..).

Or the unashamed, fat-bastard hangover. Four slices of white bread scrambl poache fried egg on one with two pieces of bacon and one sausage, same on the other substituting egg for grilled tomato. Brown sauce on both. I'd actually squirt a dollop of ketchup straight into the bin as a nod to anyone even contemplating mixing that with the bacon sandwich.

• Paid Members

Despite my push for more brown bread over white its still often white for a bacon sandwich for the texture. Thick cut bacon crisped up just a touch with some brown sauce.

I'm not a big fan of eggs on sandwiches, it's a bit of a mess for me, but some mushrooms if I forgo the brown sauce is top. I also like it in a long crusty cob for a change now and then.

Bacon preferably fried, then grilled and microwaved as a last result. I don't have them much now though, sadly.

Archived