Desmond Wolfe

HeavyT

This is why WWE didn't touch him with a ten foot barge pole. Nice to see TNA give potential new signings full medicals before deciding weather to sign them.

I would assume TNA did give him a full medical but he has been wrestling with it for a while apparently so they probably didn't consider it to be a problem

I got told that he found out how extensive the WWE medical was and said fuck that, i'll never pass and went to TNA instead.

This is why WWE didn't touch him with a ten foot barge pole. Nice to see TNA give potential new signings full medicals before deciding weather to sign them.

I would assume TNA did give him a full medical but he has been wrestling with it for a while apparently so they probably didn't consider it to be a problem

I got told that he found out how extensive the WWE medical was and said fuck that, i'll never pass and went to TNA instead.

I spoke to him at a show over here just as he was starting his TNA run, I asked him how his arm was, and he said

• Paid Members
I haven't missed him at all. Bored me to tears every time he was on, and his "Lean through the ropes" and "Run back to the turnbuckle and do a shit jump" routine before hitting one of his 15 lariats took me out of his matches every single time, and looked beyond ridiculous, if he'd been signed by WWE that would have been drilled out of him within a month or two of being down at FCW.

I hope he doesn't have Hep C though.

Mate, no offence, but that really sounds like you haven't watched his TNA matches. I couldn't stand his indy style either, but he dropped all that "Jawbreaker lariat" shit when he joined TNA - he really did tone it down, and looked a shitload better as a result. Surprised you found him boring - in TNA he had one of the most unique styles I've ever seen.

EDIT: Oh, it's just struck me about the turnbuckle stuff you were referring to - I don't think there's anything wrong with those, it's just a different way of doing the Irish Whip. And now with Doug doing it, it's coming across like something Brits do as part of their style.

London Brawling had an excellent rapport. As well as it having potential to get Wolfe out of the gutter (he had become a goon as of late) Magnus also looked the best he's looked in what I've seen of his career... in the ring I mean.

Its such a shame the new British stable isn't happening. Its all the more gut wrenching to learn they actually did this angle but then didn't air it!

• Paid Members
I haven't missed him at all. Bored me to tears every time he was on, and his "Lean through the ropes" and "Run back to the turnbuckle and do a shit jump" routine before hitting one of his 15 lariats took me out of his matches every single time, and looked beyond ridiculous, if he'd been signed by WWE that would have been drilled out of him within a month or two of being down at FCW.

Mate, no offence, but that really sounds like you haven't watched his TNA matches. I couldn't stand his indy style either, but he dropped all that "Jawbreaker lariat" shit when he joined TNA - he really did tone it down, and looked a shitload better as a result. Surprised you found him boring - in TNA he had one of the most unique styles I've ever seen.

EDIT: Oh, it's just struck me about the turnbuckle stuff you were referring to - I don't think there's anything wrong with those, it's just a different way of doing the Irish Whip. And now with Doug doing it, it's coming across like something Brits do as part of their style.

Used in quite a few British spots- the most notable being the Russ Abbott spot.

• Paid Members

Used in quite a few British spots- the most notable being the Russ Abbott spot.

Fuck yeah, the Russ Abbott. I love that spot - even got one of my trainers to teach me that when I was still training. Nowhere near as competent, obviously, but a load of fun to do.

• Paid Members
Why have I never heard of the Russ Abbott spot (or am I missing a joke here or something)???

Either explain the spot, or mock me for being gullible.

Thanks.

I think it's sometimes referred to as the "Artful Dodger" spot - Johnny Saint used to do it in almost all his matches, where he'd run to the turnbuckle, jump back off, crawl through the opponent's legs then proceed to do a load of crazy techniques which ended up with his opponent getting rolled up for a pin.

Why have I never heard of the Russ Abbott spot (or am I missing a joke here or something)???

Either explain the spot, or mock me for being gullible.

Thanks.

I think it's sometimes referred to as the "Artful Dodger" spot - Johnny Saint used to do it in almost all his matches, where he'd run to the turnbuckle, jump back off, crawl through the opponent's legs then proceed to do a load of crazy techniques which ended up with his opponent getting rolled up for a pin.

Ah, OK, I certainly know it from Mr Saint (and others using it). Thanks. Never heard it referred to as the Russ Abbott before though.

Archived