Shitty puns

Chris B

• Paid Members

Sometimes, puns just can't be ignored.

I was suspended for 24 hours for suggesting that Woyzeck's declaration of zero-tolerance to dentistry puns derailing threads was 'getting to the root of the problem'. I maintain that this was an unfair suspension, since that was a superb pun, and not the shitty puns that had been warned against, but I digress.

I suggest that, any times the pun brigade looks like it's going to cause issues with a thread, they move over to here. That way, those that enjoy them can continue with them, and those that get annoyed with them can just direct them this way.

Oh, and I assume that my suspension both beginning and ending at 'two thirty' was intentional. Bravo, sir.

The length of the suspension is irrelevant. If it was a jokey 24-hour suspension, fair enough, but if it really means we can't have a running joke in a thread that will get back on-topic in the end or die off because it was shit anyway, all because someone doesn't like childish yet amusing to some humour then well that's a bit shit.

• Paid Members
Moral of the story: listen to what a mod says because they are always right. Otherwise you may end up with a PUNishment.

I continue to maintain that 'root of the problem' was a good pun, not a shitty pun.

Besides, I'm serious about the role of the thread. The puns do go on sometimes, so why not direct (or move) them here?

Archived