Favourite Mid-carder

NorthSeaTiger

Test circa 2001-02.

I always liked him. For a man his size he was pretty quick and explosive and bumped like a real mad man (which probably contributed to him suffering postconcussion brain damage). I thought he looked like a certified badass during 2001-2002. Once he cut his hair and went back to short pants he became as generic as fuck though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXMVX0VfWeQ

His theme was brilliant too.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Test circa 2001-02.

I always liked him. For a man his size he was pretty quick and explosive and bumped like a real mad man (which probably contributed to him suffering postconcussion brain damage). I thought he looked like a certified badass during 2001-2002. Once he cut his hair and went back to short pants he became as generic as fuck though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXMVX0VfWeQ

His theme was brilliant too.

Test was decent during this period, not the best in-ring worker but he had the bad ass appeal that could have helped him jump to the next level.

Probably Marty Jannetty, even though you could probably only describe him as a midcarder for a couple of years, from late 92 to early 94, then late 95 to early 96.

Would Raven count?

If Longevity matters, then maybe William Regal, or even Brian Pillman.

Al Snow was always entertaining too - he was probably the most versatile; serious or comedy, any type of match and any style, he could do it all pretty well.

The usual suspects like Rude, Dibiase, Perfect, Martel, Jake etc are a given....

And for short lived stints, i really liked Jean Pierre Lafitte/Quebecer Pierre. Shame it never really happened for him. I only recently watched a handheld of him working face in Montreal v Shawn Michaels too - great stuff. Similar to Jannetty in terms of 'if only...' and 'what might've been'......

Oh, and 2 Cold Scorpio was always tonnes of fun too.

• Paid Members

Scorp's a good candidate for the bloke who had most blinders all over - WcW, EcW, Japan - but never really got anything approaching a push or noteworthy feud/match in the WWF.

No, J.O.B. Squad doesn't count.

Can't beleive no-one has mentioned Owen Hart. Surely he is the best mid carder of all time! The only person that comes close is Perfect.

Owen flirted with the main event on a couple of occasions but he was mainly a mid carder there to make the main eventers get over.

• Moderators

D'Lo Brown for me. He was my favourite WWF guy during the Attitude era. Everyone seemed to love D'Lo in school as well. I used to have a country sized soft spot for Lightning Foot Jerry Flynn in WCW, and Brad Armstrong was a perennial favourite of mine from when I was about 6 or so.

• Paid Members

Bret Hart for me. He's the only wrestler I've ever supported like a football team! the only guy I've ever willed to make it to the top level. He was a superb mid-carder. Had tremendous matches, great look, spoke well and yet never over-shadowed the people above him on the card.

Archived