A wrestling title, like Ring has for boxing

JakeRobertsParoleOfficer

• Moderators

I think the publication itself was just an example of a possible 'sponsor' for the belt. Like someone else said, it could be the BWC..

The problem I was refering to is, I think, more of a root problem to the idea in that developing any kind of credible branding with which to implement this idea would be impossible with the nature of the peeps working in British Wrestling.

Anyway, Dann Read talks a lot of sense.

• Paid Members
Not really on topic, but the WBC did start a Wrestling championship some years ago!

Do you have any more information on this bud? I'm intrigued...

Straight from wiki:

Around the time of el Hijo del Santo's 25th Anniversay the World Boxing Council (WBC) named el Hijo del Santo their "WBC Wrestling Champion" compete with title belt due to his "Significant accomplishments in wrestling".[13] While the title is technically an honorary championship el Hijo del Santo defended it several times in 2008.

There was also a picture of him with the belt floating about, which i posted on the forum when it was announced, but i cannot find it at the mo! Will report back if i can find it!

I think that one big area that UK promoters could work together on a is with Advertising.

This might be flawed (as I'm no expert of the costs of adverts) and there are probably a few promotions that have already done this on a smaller scale, but the idea is this...

If (for example) 5 of the larger promotions got together and pooled their cash, would it not be possible to get either a 30 second TV Ad or a half page in a tabloid paper, that pictured guys like Leroy Kincaid and Johnny Moss, with a brief listing of upcoming UK dates from all the promotions, all over the country. A single piece of either TV time or newspaper Ad Space that advertised "British Wrestling", with either highlights or pictures of our best (and best looking) guys. All with links to one website that lists all UK dates and links to the individual promotions.

Like I said, it might just be too expensive, but I'm sure a lot of the problem is actually letting people know there are live wrestling options out there, not just WWE twice a year. A flashy Ad or a well edited commercial could make the wrestling look top notch and would be able to pimp up to 10 UK shows that are upcoming.

• Paid Members
I think that one big area that UK promoters could work together on a is with Advertising.

This might be flawed (as I'm no expert of the costs of adverts) and there are probably a few promotions that have already done this on a smaller scale, but the idea is this...

If (for example) 5 of the larger promotions got together and pooled their cash, would it not be possible to get either a 30 second TV Ad or a half page in a tabloid paper, that pictured guys like Leroy Kincaid and Johnny Moss, with a brief listing of upcoming UK dates from all the promotions, all over the country. A single piece of either TV time or newspaper Ad Space that advertised "British Wrestling", with either highlights or pictures of our best (and best looking) guys. All with links to one website that lists all UK dates and links to the individual promotions.

Like I said, it might just be too expensive, but I'm sure a lot of the problem is actually letting people know there are live wrestling options out there, not just WWE twice a year. A flashy Ad or a well edited commercial could make the wrestling look top notch and would be able to pimp up to 10 UK shows that are upcoming.

I remember putting a similar idea forward a year or two ago.

It would probably be cost-prohibitive. A show with a maximum capacity of 2-300 at a fiver a ticket generates about

As someone mentioned a few posts back is the BWC not supposed to be about all the promotions under its banner pooling resources. Is the BWC still going as the idea seems to have a gone a bit as has the FWA recently. I think the ring belt wouldn't work as it is awarded in a competitive sport rather a predetermined one. Being number 1 in the UKFF 50 or in a magazine wrestler of the year award I suppose is the closest pro wrestling will get

Archived