ICW: Nightmare On Renfrew Street + Afterparty(showing WRESTLEMANIA)

MarkDallas

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For various reasons this was the first time I had been to ICW in several shows and I have to say it was a very entertaining and mental night of wrestling. I wont bother with a review as I think thats been covered but my MOTN was probably Jester/Lionheart. All in all a great nights entertainment.

Tommy getting assaulted wae glow sticks. haha.

198864_10150144000071986_529226985_6952614_3652078_n.jpg

My bad. Maybe in retrospect giving 600 glow sticks out to over 250 drunk people was a bad idea. Mind you it was epic that one time just to see The Bucky Boys entrance that turned the venue into a full blown rave!

ICW Really REALLY is the place to be just now in terms of british wrestling. From technical through to hardcore they really are covering all bases of pro-wrestling at the minute. I felt the first couple of matches struggled up until the Heavyweight title matchup. However once the action got going the crowd were deafening for most the night.

MOTN for me would have to be Moss Vs James Scott, for a minute I really though Moss was gonna be the one to dethrone the champion. Sick double powerbomb through the table followed by a double stomp victory for the Gold Label.

Jester + Lionheart also deserves a special mention, the unbreakable table took quite alot of steam off the match sadly, I'll have to put it forward for botchamania.

Right, first off, GUTTED that my sign got ripped up. Not because of the original "FUCK THE LABEL" sign. I felt I got good usage of that. But because of the special message for James Wallace on the back. We got a pic of it though, so it has been immortalised.

Scramble Match

There's always the problem with these matches of too much going on, but they got it right here. The action in the ring was constant and usually managed to take your mind off of the rest of the match. The real highlight here was Johnny Starr's Superkick on Noam Dar. One thing I didn't like was the ending. Noam Dar was either going to 1) win by submission or 2) keep the title because the time ran out. No suspense. Same outcome. The rest was very good though and got the fans right into the match.

Liam Thomson vs. Andy Wild

This kind of match was always going to happen eventually. Not the slow burning wrestling match we have seen these two guys have in their last two outings. It was not quite as good as a result, but it was still a good 'un between the two and the right kind of match considering they have another three matches coming in the future.

Muppet vs. Kid Fite

In a nice little addition, we got DJ Muppet flyers outside while waiting. Nice. CJ Banks looked great here though. Had no problem getting the fans to hate him and the match itself was a belter. I should've taken Kid Fite up on a chop offer but I was too busy shouting abuse to care at the time. "Shut it you dyke!" was a cracking bit of fan slagging.

James Scott vs. Johnny Moss

CLOSE to being the best match of the night. The ending was shit, but made sense. The Tombstone had me believing we had a title change coming and when James Scott kicked out, I was going MENTAL. Cracking match between the two.

The Bucky Boys vs. Team Boddington

THIS was my match of the night. Intense, crazy and by the end, a feelgood match. The action from start to finish was mental. I was saying before the show that this match would probably steal the show since every ICW show has a match which looks shifty on paper and ends up delivering. That is what happened here.

Jack Jester vs. Lionheart

I was thinking this shoud have been the main event, but in hindsight, it was the right move as the announcement for the next show wouldn't have worked as well. The match was amazing though and that big win over the Label was a great moment. Jester's absolute determination to break the table was one of the highlights of the night.

The NAK vs. Operation FannyBaws

Mental in it's own way. What the fuck was that Suplex Booty took? Fuck that! Not as amazing as I was expecting but it was a fittingly nutty match to end the show.

Close to Dazed and Confused but not quite there.

Season 4 of our youtube show 'ICW Online', which was filmed at this event starts next Friday.

In the meantime here are the closing moments of the show:

Also our official pics from this event have just been sent to me and will be online tonight.

Archived