1PW - The Last Stand [28/05/2011]

1PW

I have good faith that they have sorted their act out. The Michaels tweet did that for me, the fact that DDP is the only guy they are not advertising on their home page (http://www.oneprowrestling.com/home) for The Last Stand just gives me the impression that the deal isn't finalised yet maybe?

Either way let's just see what happens :thumbsup:

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

He's advertised here:

http://www.oneprowrestling.com/news/2011/0...five-ddp-update

Whether or not he's on the home page means nothing really. He's a big name star, and he's one of the main reasons why I'm thinking of travelling down, so if he isn't there unless they get Meat, Larry or Parts Unknown its going to be a disappointment.

It would be shit if this doesn't come off. Thats a stacked card, and it would be a shame if this goes tits up.

According to DDP, then, he's not actually officially booked for 1PW yet, there's not been a deal done. Should they really be advertising him if that's true?

Yeah, I heard the same thing;

A friend of mine emailed DDP personally to ask if he was appearing at this show and he got the following reply;

Bro this is the company I'm talking to;

"he states a wrestling companies name, which isn't 1PW"

You don't see me on that 1PW site, do you?

DDP

Now, I'm not saying that he isn't appearing, as I personally don't know what the negotiations are between 1PW & DDP, but he has basically said there that he isn't officially listed as yet.

According to DDP, then, he's not actually officially booked for 1PW yet, there's not been a deal done. Should they really be advertising him if that's true?

Yeah, I heard the same thing;

A friend of mine emailed DDP personally to ask if he was appearing at this show and he got the following reply;

Bro this is the company I'm talking to;

"he states a wrestling companies name, which isn't 1PW"

You don't see me on that 1PW site, do you?

DDP

Now, I'm not saying that he isn't appearing, as I personally don't know what the negotiations are between 1PW & DDP, but he has basically said there that he isn't officially listed as yet.

do you know who the other promotion is, perhaps they are doing a joint thing like 1pw/southside seem to be doing

do you know who the other promotion is, perhaps they are doing a joint thing like 1pw/southside seem to be doing

Its a bit of a worry, though that DDP says he's "talking" to a promotion that isnt 1PW. I.e. isnt signed to either?

It is a worry especially as DDP was one of my main reasons for attending

• Paid Members

Dear 1PW,

Why would DDP be advertised if he isn't signed yet?. I'd never be one to not trust a Britwres promoter, especially one of such fine reputation, but what's the deal here?. Surely this is just a big misunderstanding on DDPs part?.

Perhaps someone could come in here and clear this up for us?, I'd imagine some of your customers who don't have knowledge of how well you usually handle these situations might be getting a little concerned. I've already seen people prematurely throwing out slurs that could potentially damage your reputation. Maybe you should provide some answers quickly before these idiots do any more damage?.

Yours sincerely,

Cleetus VanDamme, concerned wrestling fan.

CVD,

I wouldn't expect a quick reply as he's in Scotland tonight at PBW (according to his facebook)

interesting that on there is:

One Pro Wrestling I won't post details of who is trying to, I feel I'm above silly games, but said promotion should get a grip :)

One Pro Wrestling Its very said that a promotion feel the need to try to sabotage a 1PW Show. tut tut

One Pro Wrestling ah, i have had a few people pre warn me that another promotion will be trying to sabotage The Last Stand :)

One Pro Wrestling non of our workers work for them, however they do advertise El Ligero on there training posters lol

Looks like the fun and games are about to begin.

On a serious note if everything is in order, contracts, visa's etc that is jack shit someone can do to sabotage a show. They can cause a few inconviences but thats it- unless of course its terrorists their bringing into the country. :laugh:

• Paid Members
CVD,

I wouldn't expect a quick reply as he's in Scotland tonight at PBW (according to his facebook)

interesting that on there is:

One Pro Wrestling I won't post details of who is trying to, I feel I'm above silly games, but said promotion should get a grip :)

One Pro Wrestling Its very said that a promotion feel the need to try to sabotage a 1PW Show. tut tut

One Pro Wrestling ah, i have had a few people pre warn me that another promotion will be trying to sabotage The Last Stand :)

One Pro Wrestling non of our workers work for them, however they do advertise El Ligero on there training posters lol

Looks like the fun and games are about to begin.

On a serious note if everything is in order, contracts, visa's etc that is jack shit someone can do to sabotage a show. They can cause a few inconviences but thats it- unless of course its terrorists their bringing into the country. :laugh:

And if another promotion is trying to sabotage 1PW then there is a good chance it would also affect me :(

• Paid Members

1PW, eh? Absolutely extraordinary. All I can say is that their original shows must have been so fucking good because there are apparently still loads of people prepared to forgive the fact that they have had more comebacks than Lazarus and STILL fork out their money for their shows, despite all the evidence this time round being that they still couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery. I saw some 1PW stuff on TWC. I have absolutely no idea what the fuss is about. My abiding memory was a hardcore triple threat match between Raven, The Sandman and Tommy Dreamer which has to rank as one of the worst matches I've ever seen.

But the fact is that 1PW know that there are loads of people that are clearly gullible enough to continue parting with their cash for their shows, so why not just shove up a bunch of half-truths and misleading advertising because they'll buy the tickets anyway. I get the impression that 1PW could fold 700 more times and people would STILL buy tickets from them, so in some ways I can't blame 1PW for continuing to try it on.

Now, you have all this DDP nonsense, which is classic 1PW, isn't it? "We haven't actually signed him yet, and DDP doesn't seem to know who we fucking are, but what the hell? We'll say he's coming anyway." I'm thinking of having Peter Ustinov as a speaker at my birthday party in April. I mean, I've not booked him yet and he's dead an' all, but I'll say he's coming anyway.

Just don't give these mongs any of your money and go and support BritWres events that have actually worked hard to earn your money and patronage rather than one that is chucking a bunch of money they don't have at some foreign imports that probably won't turn up anyway, and that doesn't actually seem to be making any effort to learn from their past mistakes.

Archived