1PW - The Last Stand [28/05/2011]

1PW

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just been on the FB page to see those posts, noticed all the Download shows are cancelled now as well. :(

To be fair, the Download shows were never confirmed anyway, were they? I was under the impression that 1PW were just in talks with the guys who run Download to see if the idea was possible?

• Paid Members

I think 1PW got a bit ahead of themselves with the Download shows. It seems that they announced they'd be there before any contracts were signed etc. The Download organisers are now saying they're still looking into extra campsite ents. (including other wrestling companies).

Hope that the Download fiasco isn't indicative of other bookings, announced before signed etc.

Any person who runs a company that decides to announce anything, be it an act or a show, before it is fully signed & sealed doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the business world.

If they then proceed to take advance payment from the general public for those unconfirmed shows whilst passing them off as definite, they deserve to face legal proceedings.

Just been on the FB page to see those posts, noticed all the Download shows are cancelled now as well. :(

To be fair, the Download shows were never confirmed anyway, were they? I was under the impression that 1PW were just in talks with the guys who run Download to see if the idea was possible?

To follow up what Dead Mike said, here was the thread & page of announcement http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=123121&st=210

Or for the click shy, the announced card so far in a post by 1PW

Jan 24 2011, 23:41

Post #215

Whos going Download this year?

to tie in with the the 20 Bands announced tonight i have announced the 1st 5 matches out of 30!

Wednesday 8th of June

One Night Only!

Team Shag Vs Fight Club

Thursday 9th Of June

One Night Only!

Mordecai Vs Kris Travis

Friday 10th of June

Kevin Thorn Vs Jimmy Havoc

Saturday 11th of June

Davey Richards Vs Colt Cabana

Sunday 12th of June

Kris Travis Vs Davey Richards

so if your going Download your in for a good show! each night has 6 Matches.

Sure I saw some graphics for a match or two as well. Would have been well cool to watch some big indy stars when the shit bands were on.

he's been booked for us for over a month. David, doubt all you want makes no difference to me.

ah just had a reply, when i read this i did send him a message..

Edit actually. i dont really need justify myself. if your worried, play it safe dont come! your the one missing out :)

he's been booked for us for over a month. David, doubt all you want makes no difference to me.

If he's been booked for you for over a month, why would he say this?

Bro, this is the company I'm talking to;

"mentions another wrestling company that isn't 1PW"

You don't see me on that 1PW site, Do you?

This indicates that he;

i) isn't booked with anyone at all for that date yet.

ii)isn't even speaking to 1PW about appearing.

Also, the attitude of "doubt all you want, it makes no difference to me" tells me pretty much all I need to know about how you do business.

If he's been booked for you for over a month, why would he say this?

Bro, this is the company I'm talking to;

"mentions another wrestling company that isn't 1PW"

You don't see me on that 1PW site, Do you?

This indicates that he;

i) isn't booked with anyone at all for that date yet.

ii)isn't even speaking to 1PW about appearing.

Also, the attitude of "doubt all you want, it makes no difference to me" tells me pretty much all I need to know about how you do business.

:thumbsup:

So, DDP reacts to someone questioning the validity of his booking with a company that has, regardless of what you may say, a shady past by feeding them a bullshit line in order to stop them from contacting him?

Also, why did you edit the post and delete the email that Page supposedly sent you? It named someone who I think posts on here, which would suggest that Page has passed you their personal details.

Is that correct?

• Paid Members

The attitude of this person posting as 1PW pretty much sums up everything you need to know about this company. Arrogant, disrespectful and completely ignorant of anyone that dares to question or criticise their product. In that regard, he's an absolutely perfect representative of 1PW.

Archived