1PW - The Last Stand [28/05/2011]

1PW

Are you trying to be funny, or are you trying to be a cock? Because you're failing at one of them pretty badly right now.

Havent you got another zinger of a joke based on a retarded username that was given to you because your such a bore? Go on. It never gets old when you when crack jokes about the shit username you had no control over obtaining like some sort of gimmick you've made up.

^^^^ rattled

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Furthermore Mickey though I appreciate the fact you think there are businessmen in British wrestling ( ive noticed all the ferraris and BMWs parked outside of venues when wrestling is on, not to mention all the tailored wrestlers up in Armani and Hugo Boss suits) you can count them on the hands of a leper. They are an incredible small minortiy and if you believe that not to be true then the reason why british wrestling aint moved on is probably because everyone is in a fantasy world where wrestling is full of model professionals who never put a foot wrong, have never rinced promoters or never worked for free which has probably prevented YOU from working and have never put ego before business.

Are you trying to be funny, or are you trying to be a cock? Because you're failing at one of them pretty badly right now.

Havent you got another zinger of a joke based on a retarded username that was given to you because your such a bore? Go on. It never gets old when you when crack jokes about the shit username you had no control over obtaining like some sort of gimmick you've made up.

^^^^ rattled

Not rattled at all. I just found it funny that "THE CUM DOCTOR" is asking if I'm being funny or not. I couldnt not reply to that. You of all people asking if someones trying to be funny or not.

In short.... YES he's wrong.

Indeed, my quotes of Spud & Gilligan Gordon back that up and I know there is a dozen guys who won't touch 1PW and many more who I don't know about.

I don't necessarily think Ruffneck is wrong in what he says. Wrestlers ARE entitled to make their living and if working for 1PW helps them achieve that then so be it. I certainly don't have any sympathy if they don't get paid because they should be more than aware of the risks of working for them.

Indeed, my quotes of Spud & Gilligan Gordon back that up and I know there is a dozen guys who won't touch 1PW and many more who I don't know about.

I don't necessarily think Ruffneck is wrong in what he says. Wrestlers ARE entitled to make their living and if working for 1PW helps them achieve that then so be it. I certainly don't have any sympathy if they don't get paid because they should be more than aware of the risks of working for them.

No he made a blanket statement that all wrestlers will sell their soul to the devil for a paycheck. I simply don't agree with that. He didn't say 'some' or a 'a few'. He implied the lot.

Your right in saying that there are 'wrestlers'(I use that term very loosely) who would cut their own grandmothers throat to get on a show. But your initial statement was a very broad stroke with the tar brush stating wrestlers are all like that. I'm just pointing out for every guy who works for free or DVDs for that matter there are guys who'll happily stay at home than to undercut themselves to work at show or even take a booking where chances are instead of a wage packet you get the best of 1PW.

Your right in saying that there are 'wrestlers'(I use that term very loosely) who would cut their own grandmothers throat to get on a show. But your initial statement was a very broad stroke with the tar brush stating wrestlers are all like that. I'm just pointing out for every guy who works for free or DVDs for that matter there are guys who'll happily stay at home than to undercut themselves to work at show or even take a booking where chances are instead of a wage packet you get the best of 1PW.

Im sure there is wrestlers out there who have got principles and would stick by their guns. I know a few myself but what I would say is that as a rule they are few and far between. if that was not conveyed properly then ill take the rap for that.

HAgar was miles better than Roth...true story.

No he made a blanket statement that all wrestlers will sell their soul to the devil for a paycheck. I simply don't agree with that. He didn't say 'some' or a 'a few'. He implied the lot.

I said wrestlers....dont recall saying all but I can see where the confusion may have occured. I should have been a bit more specific with my wording. :blush:

• Paid Members

The shows look good from the match results but I don't regret not travelling to them because it sounds like it has the same old collection of little things which just wouldn't make it worth the round trip despite have some people of such good talent being in ring.

This to me is a crying shame.

No matter what I say here someone will argue my point so I will keep it short. There is no exuse for the lack of response fan receive from 1PW regarding various issues and that is something that needs to be looked at asap. I will say though that everyone I spoke to after the show on Saturday seemed to really have enjoyed it and were asking when it was back. They got to see big names from America aswell as some of Europes top workers and it goes without saying once again the boys went all out to ensure the fans got their moneys worth(special mention here to the leaders, Pac and Haskins for putting on am amazing tag team match). Long story short the boys got paid, put on a good show. I see people saying there are workers who would sell their sole for a booking for 1PW and work for next to nothing. I see things differently 1pw is great exposure for the guys who work it. I can name about 6 well respected promoters that were in attendance and I have on more than one occasion been booked for a company of the back of a performance at 1pw. As far as money goes well I for one got my wage I allways take from any company down south, my exces and hotel covered and also took over 200quid on merch in the process finding there was a fair demand for PBW dvds :) now am sorry but I am due to get married in August and my occupation is a pro wrestler promoter so if I can go down to a show and make over 200quid and work guys that raise my profile and experience level then am going to do it. To round it up the fans in attendancew enjoyed it. 95percent of the folk posting on this thread are biiter ex trainee, people with a grudges etc and weren't even at the show. Oh incase 1PW dvds are noticed at shows in Scotland. I have a deal in place with 1PW management to sell their dvds in Scotland due to high demand. This is great for the fans up here who want to see the dvds and great for 1PW and myself as it makes both parties money.

A fair post but

folk posting on this thread are biiter ex trainee

Trainees of who? and where? Genuine question.

people with a grudges etc

I think 1PW created that rod for their own back more than any promotion I've ever seen in all my years.

95percent weren't even at the show.

Maybe so, but it sounds like a made up figure, like 95% of people defending 1PW in this thread were at the show, are mates with the owners and hoping for future bookings. Just made up.

A fair post but

folk posting on this thread are biiter ex trainee

Trainees of who? and where? Genuine question.

people with a grudges etc

I think 1PW created that rod for their own back more than any promotion I've ever seen in all my years.

95percent weren't even at the show.

Maybe so, but it sounds like a made up figure, like 95% of people defending 1PW in this thread were at the show, are mates with the owners and hoping for future bookings. Just made up.

Would it be fair then to say a majority then as opposed to 95%?

I dont understand why the number has be specific Hyperion. I think the point Ross is getting across is more often than not the negativity that is highlighted on the show comes from people who were not there. The majority of people who went there left more than happy and wanted the the lads to go back again. The negativity seems to come from people who were not at the show and seemingly dont really care about the product but more of what has happened behind the scenes. they seem to derive more satisfaction from that than from the wrestling itself.

Now despite being from Sunderland im not completely riddled with daftness. im aware of the fuck ups and the negativity that surrounds 1PW to the point of where I too have said the promotion has to die on its sword and needs a radical overhaul if it wants to achieve a fraction of the success that it once had. It was ony a matter of time before someone threw the "mates with the owners and hoping for future bookings line" but I can assure you I have fought and argued loads of times with every 1PW in order to try and help believe make it a better product. Sometimes they argree and sometimes they disagree but I can see why someone would be resentful of the implication. I know I would be if it was aimed at me.

Archived