The Carling Nations Cup 2011 Discussion Thread

David

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Scotland very comfortable. If they'd played a better final pass at times, they could have won handsomely. Interesting that for a tournament England aren't in, I've counted 20 players born in England! I reckon that's more than any other country.

Sean St. Ledger, Ciaran Clark, Paul Green, Jon Walters, Danny Collins, Sam Ricketts, Lewin Nyatanga, Andrew Crofts, Andy King, Hal Robson-Kanu, Freddie Eastwood, Simon Church, Lee Hodson, Rory McArdle, Oliver Norwood, Adam Thompson, Alan McGregor, Phil Bardsley, Kris Commons & James Morrison.

Northern Ireland have two in the Rep. Of Ireland squad too, Marc Wilson and Darron Gibson.

Scotland very comfortable. If they'd played a better final pass at times, they could have won handsomely. Interesting that for a tournament England aren't in, I've counted 20 players born in England! I reckon that's more than any other country.

Sean St. Ledger, Ciaran Clark, Paul Green, Jon Walters, Danny Collins, Sam Ricketts, Lewin Nyatanga, Andrew Crofts, Andy King, Hal Robson-Kanu, Freddie Eastwood, Simon Church, Lee Hodson, Rory McArdle, Oliver Norwood, Adam Thompson, Alan McGregor, Phil Bardsley, Kris Commons & James Morrison.

Northern Ireland have two in the Rep. Of Ireland squad too, Marc Wilson and Darron Gibson.

Alan McGregor is Scottish. Born and brought up in Edinburgh!

• Paid Members

Alan McGregor is Scottish. Born and brought up in Edinburgh!

Fucking wikipedia!

Scotland were excellent, N Ireland were atrocious. We ran rings around them. This Scotland team are looking good, and supposedly James McCarthy wants to defect back to Scotland! Excellent news!

He can't though can he? He's already represented the Republic at international level against Brazil last season. Had he not, he could defect, but surely now he can't.

EDIT: According to the BBC, he can because it was only a friendly. How odd.

• Paid Members
McCarthy was born in Scotland, so why he would want to play anywhere else when the country of his birth is happy to have him is beyond me.

Essentially he's a giant cock. His agent is his puppet master and convinced him to play for Ireland because Scotland were 'overlooking' him. From what I can gather his agent has been making threats to quit Ireland if he doesn't play and Trapattoni told them to fuck off, he'll decide.

I don't think Scotland need him anyway. CM is the one position they have genuine depth and quality. He won't get ahead of Fletcher and Adam and the likes of Dorrans and Bannen are looking like future stars.

• 3 months later...

Archived