CM Punk

Checkmate

I see plenty of guys wearing beer themed tshirts all the time 'if found return to pub' etc so its kinda the same,

straight edge isnt everyones taste but I dont shove it done peoples throat but it does bug when people either try to pressure me or think Im an ex alcoholic. People dont get understand it over here thats why the uk is the 'binge nation'

If someone looks on google or can post a link it explains how it started and what its about. (I dont know how to link stuff)

On topic: To me hes the best all rounder to pop up since Edge.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However, the Go 2 Sleep is a pants finishing move.

It's because he hits it a bit lazily - just drops them off his shoulders, then leans back and raises his knee slightly. KENTA, the guy who's credited with inventing the move, and whose finisher it originally was (still is, I think), pretty much throws his opponent off, and knee-lifts or kicks them while they're still in the air. Looks pretty brutal.

I don't like it not because of how lazy it is, but it's not swift enough. I've never much liked finishers where the guy starts on someones' shoulders if you're a guy CM Punk's size. Fine if you're Brock Lesnar, and he could make the F-5 look really speedy. I prefer my finishers to be of the "can hit from anywhere, at any time" sort.

• Moderators

It's because he hits it a bit lazily - just drops them off his shoulders, then leans back and raises his knee slightly. KENTA, the guy who's credited with inventing the move, and whose finisher it originally was (still is, I think), pretty much throws his opponent off, and knee-lifts or kicks them while they're still in the air. Looks pretty brutal.

I don't like it not because of how lazy it is, but it's not swift enough. I've never much liked finishers where the guy starts on someones' shoulders if you're a guy CM Punk's size. Fine if you're Brock Lesnar, and he could make the F-5 look really speedy. I prefer my finishers to be of the "can hit from anywhere, at any time" sort.

Yeah I don't think it's laziness, I think it's cos every fucker he hits it on is bigger than him. That, and he'd be out on his ass if he hit it as hard as KENTA does on a weekly basis.

• Paid Members

You can thank Triple H & WWE for that.

Ah now c'mon, I can see their point. HHH is one of the company's top draws and biggest stars. The Pepsi Plunge does resemble the Pedigree, is a bit more spectacular and because of that, would lessen the impact to the masses when HHH hits his finisher.

• Paid Members
I heard CM (can i call him that) stopped using the Pepsi Plunge because it hurts his knees but he had permission to use it from vinny mac when he got called up to ECW

Where did you hear this from? Because it'll probably be a load of shite. It was a dangerous move and basically a highspot rip-off of one of their tops stars finishing moves. They'd never have allowed him to use it.

Ah now c'mon, I can see their point. HHH is one of the company's top draws and biggest stars. The Pepsi Plunge does resemble the Pedigree, is a bit more spectacular and because of that, would lessen the impact to the masses when HHH hits his finisher.

I'm not saying that I blame them for taking the move away from him, just that it's hard to blame Punk when he gets landed with a shitty finisher as a replacement.

Whats most annoying about 'straight edge' people for me is the use of the term 'straight edge'. It sounds utterly lame and doesnt describe your beliefs whasoever. Straight Edge is more of a better way of describing someones principals, honesty and integrity rather than whether they like fags and alco-pops or not.

• Paid Members
Straight Edge is about the belief of not letting poisons into your body, no smoking, no drugs, no alcohol. Abstinence from sex outside of committed relationships was one belief as well, because it's welcoming various STD/I's and other crap into your body, but a lot of sXe followers ignore that one... another rule that Punk, and millions of others ignore, is that the 'none poison' beliefs actually goes against allowing tattoos, a lot of them actually shit all over that rule by having sXe tattooed somewhere.

There are dozens of off shoot rules as well, which can be chopped and changed, but the main belief is not allowing poisons into the body and thus no drinking, smoking, or alcohol.

My step brother is a Mormon they have the exact same beliefs. Mormons started being Mormons in 1830 after some bloke Joseph wrote a book he got from two pretend golden plates or so the story goes.

Straight edge and Mormons are nearly the same two things except maybe for the belief in god etc. Mormons started the whole straight edge thing first so if you claim to be straight edge then you are really just a Mormon.

Going off topic slightly. I have started going back to the gym and looking after myself. I have quit smoking and have not drunk beer in a month. I am doing this to save myself from being a fat cunt and not being able to run about and play football with my children in the park without the need of 5 minute intervals of water breaks.

But anyway the question I am asking is why go straight edge?

I asked my Step brother about the Mormon thing and that is all about the god side of things as well.

What I want to know though is why straight edge. I have done Coke, Pills, Ketamine, Acid; I smoked gear solid and skunk for years I smoked for 10 years and fuck me I drank I drank a fucking huge amount. I had a fucking great time though I was off my tits from 17 till 21 years old still managed to do my job and had a great laugh I did it because I was young. I now have kids and want to be sorted for them and quit everything as soon as my first boy came along except beer and I lasted about a month without fags.

Now all the Straight edge people on here you have never come up on pills you have never chatted shit to your mate till 8 in the morning about everything and nothing and anything you can't seem to remember. Why not do a fuck load of drugs then if you don't like it go straight edge? I would rather get to 65 and have a fucking great time then get to 100 and have done fuck all but lived a life with too much control. Drugs drink etc makes you lose control makes you a different person and its fucking great.

Can anyone who is a proper straight edge tell me there reasons for being one?

I also don't buy looking after the body shit the body can take an absolute battering before giving up. Having a few beers every now and then is not going to fuck it up. Also I am sure I read somewhere a couple of glasses of wine a week are good for your heart.

I don't mean to come across as an ass to you straight edge/ Mormons but what is the point I am genuinely interested.

• Paid Members
Straight edge and Mormons are nearly the same two things except maybe for the belief in god etc. Mormons started the whole straight edge thing first so if you claim to be straight edge then you are really just a Mormon.

C'mon, you have to be on a wind up. That's like saying because you look at the density of the contents on your toilet paper after you wipe you're really just a cunt...

Nonsense...absolute nonsense.

Archived