CM Punk

Checkmate

Straight Edge is about the belief of not letting poisons into your body, no smoking, no drugs, no alcohol. Abstinence from sex outside of committed relationships was one belief as well, because it's welcoming various STD/I's and other crap into your body, but a lot of sXe followers ignore that one... another rule that Punk, and millions of others ignore, is that the 'none poison' beliefs actually goes against allowing tattoos, a lot of them actually shit all over that rule by having sXe tattooed somewhere.

There are dozens of off shoot rules as well, which can be chopped and changed, but the main belief is not allowing poisons into the body and thus no drinking, smoking, or alcohol.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I don't understand why so many straight-edgers harp on about the fact that they are straight edge and parade it around like a badge of honour.

I mean, I don't drink, do drugs, smoke or really have promiscuous sex, but that's more to do with the fact that it doesn't taste very nice, I think I might die, I've got asthma and because I'm a scruffy arse who couldn't be bothered. It's nothing to be proud of, it's not hard to not do these things.

• Moderators
Yeah, what's the stance on Top Gear box sets and sticking fruit up your arse as part of a Rugby initiation while we're on this?

Box sets of Top Gear (unless they've released CD Box Sets of late 60's-1970's Radio 1 rock programme of the same name) make you get cast out. But a giant swede up the arse is all in good fun and banter. Infinitely more fun than going about not even drinking a panda shandy and thinking you're super duper and really hardcore for not giving in, anyway.

That's another point. Panda Shandy is about 0.03% alcohol. Could you have one of them?

I don't understand why so many straight-edgers harp on about the fact that they are straight edge and parade it around like a badge of honour.

I mean, I don't drink, do drugs, smoke or really have promiscuous sex, but that's more to do with the fact that it doesn't taste very nice, I think I might die, I've got asthma and because I'm a scruffy arse who couldn't be bothered. It's nothing to be proud of, it's not hard to not do these things.

It's to do with the music scene it comes from, not a bunch teetotallers who just decided to go round slapping pints out of people's hands like Zod or something. It's generally paraded around like a badge of honour because that's what the music connected to it and the shows it's performed at make it. It was/is all about being the exact opposite of what punk rock, and a lot of rock music at the time was all about - excess with absolutely everything. Obvious to see why it can rub people up the wrong way, but there's a little more to it than some people realise or believe.

That's another point. Panda Shandy is about 0.03% alcohol. Could you have one of them?

I thought they stopped serving this after a bunch of people started leaking black goo from their heads, and vomiting?

• Paid Members

I thought they stopped serving this after a bunch of people started leaking black goo from their heads, and vomiting?

No, your thinking of Papa Shango.

Question for Straight Edgersersers? Do you like the music scene connected with this Straight Edge movement? Or is it a case of not drinking and all that stuff, and just liking the gimmick attached to it? Surely every SEer cant like the same shit musak?

• Moderators

No, your thinking of Papa Shango.

Question for Straight Edgersersers? Do you like the music scene connected with this Straight Edge movement? Or is it a case of not drinking and all that stuff, and just liking the gimmick attached to it? Surely every SEer cant like the same shit musak?

Wrong. They are obliged to listen to the rubbish music.

It's the problem with any scene, really. I mean, I like bumming and all, but I can't stand Kylie so I could never be gay.

On the topic of Punk but a different tangent, I watched the first match in the 'Joe vs Punk' trilogy last night, and I have to say, I was less than impressed. 20 mins of stalling is never a great start, hoping that the second match (the last US match to be rated five stars) will be a lot better.

As for Punk today, he is probably the one reason I watch WWE. Sure, everyone's opinion is going to be different, but the promos, the angles he's been in since Jeff Hardy in 09 and his ringwork have been solid gold for me.

• Paid Members
On the topic of Punk but a different tangent, I watched the first match in the 'Joe vs Punk' trilogy last night, and I have to say, I was less than impressed. 20 mins of stalling is never a great start, hoping that the second match (the last US match to be rated five stars) will be a lot better.

Yeah, why was one of them FIVE STARS~! anyway? All three matches were long winded with not much happening in a lot of places. Serious question for people who love those matches: why are they so acclaimed?

I saw on Twitter today that the famous (sort of) 93 minute CM Punk vs Chris Hero match was 8 years ago today.

I remember on the UKFF at the time it got mixed reviews from outstanding to boring. FOr those who have seen it recently, either for the first time or again, how does it stand up now?

Archived