ROH

AJS269

Whenever I hear people talk about ROH or its female relation Shimmer. Some trolls always go on about how its all hour long draws and workrate perverts.Fair enough one of the founders of ROH was a pedo, (who isn't at all involved in the company anymore, and hasn't for years) but why the hate?

• Paid Members

Because its there opinion, maybe? Why do people say "Cena cant wrestle" or "TNA sucks". ROH isn't exclusive to people disliking it. Its not like WWE and TNA are loved by everyone. Does it make you a troll that you dont like Jeff Jarrett and cant see why the champion of a promotion isnt on TV every segment?

Whenever I hear people talk about ROH or its female relation Shimmer. Some trolls always go on about how its all hour long draws and workrate perverts.Fair enough one of the founders of ROH was a pedo, (who isn't at all involved in the company anymore, and hasn't for years) but why the hate?

Because for the most part is still goes back to the old 'indy spotfest' with over the top unrealistic finishes? or the opposite of trying TOO hard to be real.

Because its there opinion.

Thats not a reason, its a statement of fact. Why do they have that opinion?

Because for the most part is still goes back to the old 'indy spotfest' with over the top unrealistic finishes? or the opposite of trying TOO hard to be real.
Whens the last time you watched ROH?

• Paid Members
Because its there opinion.

Thats not a reason, its a statement of fact. Why do they have that opinion?

They have that opinion, because we all have different tastes? Good enough? Why do people dislike WWE and TNA even though there audience during the commerical break is higher than that of ROH's biggest viewed show ever? I'm still wanting to know why people disliked the involvement of Zeus at SummerSlam 89. He was the shit.

I'll take a bash then. The style of the product - lots of highspots, low rent productions, unrealistic work, means that it appeals to a niche market of fans compared to the more balanced and cash rich promotions. As there are a lot of wrestling fans on here, it therefore stands to reason that RoH will only appeal to a certain sub section of forum goers. Given the often negative take that many users opt for, it also stands to reason that those who don't like it will be vocal about the fact.

That help?

• Paid Members
Your not answering the question. Your just putting aload of hypothetical questions instead, i'm not talking about WWE or TNA. I'm talking about ROH

Fair enough then. Its because most of the wrestlers are bland, the shit interviews are critically acclaimed because they are the best of a bad bunch, they perform a choreographed style of wrestling which looks like a dance, it looks like they are wrestling in a dark room because its so black and dingy, there is no superstars on there that I can connect with, the ring looks like a bouncy castle, the commentators are rotten, there's no variety throughout the shows, the fans are cunts who'll boo you because you announced that you have a concussion and wont be performing (in the arena, not online) and I just cant connect with any aspect of it. Thats a few reasons. Some people like it, and I dont think I've actually had a go at anyone for liking it. Of course some things about wrestling I'll always like. I liked Desmond Wolfe on it and I liked Daniel Bryan when he was on it. And I even liked the CZW vs ROH feud they did. But on the whole, its a product that I dont like, I dont get and wont appeal to an audience other than those who'll currently like it, which is a bit daft considering they keep sacking the bookers. I always find it strange that people have a go at Dixie Carter because they dont fire Russo, but ROH has sacked so many bookers over the years for the same reason that business is on its arse and they arent appealing to anyone outside their loyal band of followers.

• Paid Members

To make themselves look cool and hard, obviously.

Because now they're grown up and they aren't allowed to pick on the other children for being fat or speccy or black or gay or ginger, they'll make fun of those whose wrestling tastes differ from theirs.

But then, neither "side" is as good as the other. I like a lot of what WWE does and some of what TNA does, but its nauseating reading some of the shite written about fappers and "wanking over Davey Richards" that just screams "grow up you utter cretin." Especially when posters who (vocally) don't care for indy wrestling yet turn up in those threads for the pure purpose of spewing their bile.

On the other hand I love Puro (even though there is sometimes a sense of "seen it all before" and they have to keep changing finishers for some of the guys because nothing gets protected) and I like ROH, but it was mind-boggling reading some of the ROHbots trying to justify, in the Final Battle main, Steen kicking out of a brainbuster on the fucking apron, Generico kicking out of the shitting Package Piledriver on a cunting chair, and Steen kicking out of the mothercunting turnbuckle brainbuster, as "building drama" towards the match ending chair shot. Not building drama, FUCKING DUMB AND UNREALISTIC. "If you don't see the drama and give this match ***** you have no soul." Piss off.

I guess what I'm trying to say is opinion is just an opinion, it's how you present said opinion that makes the difference, and a smug cretinous twat is a smug cretinous twat, whatever their opinion is.

• Paid Members

I've not watched for a while, a fair while (the latest I have is 07 I think with most being the year before or 05), but when I did pick up a fair few tapes there was a handful of people who actually entertained and far too many who seemed to do shit for shits sake. The fucking Briscoes were a great example from the matches I watched, they would be going ten to the dozen, I'd take in two moves care about less and spend the rest of the match thinking about my tea. There was too many people who were either spot mental or just trying to do shit for no reason. I felt I was very rarely given a reason to care in the match about the people or why they did what they did.

It felt like watching a shit film with tons and tons of explosions. The explosions looked cool but the film was kind of shit and as such I probably won't bother going back. I guess it just wasn't my style, not my bag. I'll watch it but I wouldn't go out my way to if you will.

Also the fans got on my tits on tapes and the ROH hardcores I'd come across on forums occasionally stood out for seeming to have this annoying view that I'm not a wrestling fan because I might not love it big style. Not so much here I don't think but shit gets hazy.

Then when most of the names I did enjoy went else where it didn't seem worth the money to go back.

Edit:

To make themselves look cool and hard, obviously.

Because now they're grown up and they aren't allowed to pick on the other children for being fat or speccy or black or gay or ginger, they'll make fun of those whose wrestling tastes differ from theirs.

fuck off you fat, speccy, black, gay and ginger person ;)

On the other hand I love Puro (even though there is sometimes a sense of "seen it all before" and they have to keep changing finishers for some of the guys because nothing gets protected) and I like ROH, but it was mind-boggling reading some of the ROHbots trying to justify, in the Final Battle main, Steen kicking out of a brainbuster on the fucking apron, Generico kicking out of the shitting Package Piledriver on a cunting chair, and Steen kicking out of the mothercunting turnbuckle brainbuster, as "building drama" towards the match ending chair shot. Not building drama, FUCKING DUMB AND UNREALISTIC. "If you don't see the drama and give this match ***** you have no soul." Piss off.

That still pops up then, with the fans. I will say the over use of near falls is something I hate in lots of indy stuff. Some matches have acctulay hit the point where the finnish is a let down becuse they can't top the near falls. It gets on my tits and just stops me getting into the show.

I always find it strange that people have a go at Dixie Carter because they dont fire Russo, but ROH has sacked so many bookers over the years for the same reason that business is on its arse and they arent appealing to anyone outside their loyal band of followers.

Gabe booked ROH from it's beginning in 2002 until Oct 2008.

Adam Pearce booked from Oct 08 until Aug 2010.

Delirious has booked ever since then.

The sentence I quoted made it appear you were insinuating ROH had been through a lot of bookers, when it a nine year history, one spent over six years there, another under two and the most recent one has only had a couple of months to his credit.

Gabe was fired because Cary thought Gabe couldn't look at the big picture and go mainstream and was promoting too niche of a product.

Pearce was fired due to "business decisions" and even though he got a lot of stick for some booking decisions and angles, ROH was still an enjoyable product.

Whilst I doubt I'll ever see eye to eye on your opinions Ian, I do find your input to be good reading, but very tunnel vision.

I just think that sentence I quoted was out of context from the truth.

• Paid Members
fuck off you fat, speccy, black, gay and ginger person ;)

Two out of five ain't bad!

Some matches have acctulay hit the point where the finnish is a let down becuse they can't top the near falls. It gets on my tits and just stops me getting into the show.

Exactly. Back in 2002 when it all kicked off, a lot of people I spoke to were turned off by ROH straight away because "I can't believe the kicking out of sheer head drops." Now they're kicking out of sheer head drops from huge elevated positions, or chair-assisted versions of match-ending head drops. STOP!

The "Black vs Richards is our generation's Savage vs Steamboat" was extra vomit-worthy. Besides, Savage/Steamboat ain't all that, so to me it felt a bit "we knew this match would be the best match EVAR before we even watched it, now let's compare it to that other match we all agree is the best match EVAR."

Okay, finally some reasons. And Ian, I mean people are trolls when they go on "ROH fans are all Workrate pervs LOLZ" etc, not cause they like Jarrett, as you said, its all opinions . I think ROH can't really be compared to TNA or WWE, because there is a clear focus on the in ring product most of the times. I will admit it has always been a niche product and some people don't like it, but I always hate the puerile insults people come up with just because others disagree with their opinion The King Of Swing is a good example, most people will notice if I make resort to insults and when I do I apologise for losing control.

Archived