Jeff Jarrett - Whats your opinion on him?

IANdrewDiceClay

• Paid Members
How do all 3 get on in real life?

Swimmingly. For some reason, Kurt Angle is portrayed as this poor bloke who got fucked off, but he'd had affairs for years behind his wifes back. And Jarrett wasnt shagging her while they were still together. Kurt, Jeff and Karen all get on fine apparently. And the segments were all played for laughs. Jarrett and Karen's kids all looked like they were going to piss themselves when Jeff was saying "Dont say Dixie's name in this house!" Some knobhead newzsitez are just trying to do the new found "moral highground" gimmick, thats been cool since Benoit killed his family. By the way the reports on the net write it, they are going on like the skit was Double J shagging Kurts son.

Since that shows not been on UK tv yet, no I haven't. However, if we are speaking about individual shows, on the iMPACT three weeks ago, Karen Jarrett had been on screen for about 10/20 mins whilst Mr Anderson(you know, the TNA Heavyweight Champion) wasn't even on the show for the first hour, and was on screen far less than Karen.

Mr. Anderson shouldnt be on screen in the first hour. He's the champion. You have to wait and stick with the show until the end until you see Mr. Anderson. The champion shouldn't be overexposed (like he was this past week). Jerry Lawler is on Raw for the full 120 minutes. Does that make him a bigger star than the Miz, John Cena or Randy Orton? You make no sense. Hogan and The Warrior never used to wrestle or do interviews on TV for most of 1989/1990.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do all 3 get on in real life?

Swimmingly. For some reason, Kurt Angle is portrayed as this poor bloke who got fucked off, but he'd had affairs for years behind his wifes back. And Jarrett wasnt shagging her while they were still together. Kurt, Jeff and Karen all get on fine apparently. And the segments were all played for laughs. Jarrett and Karen's kids all looked like they were going to piss themselves when Jeff was saying "Dont say Dixie's name in this house!" Some knobhead newzsitez are just trying to do the new found "moral highground" gimmick, thats been cool since Benoit killed his family. By the way the reports on the net write it, they are going on like the skit was Double J shagging Kurts son.

[

Ah, fair do's.

Slight shame it was played for laughs and there wasn't more of an 'edge' to the skits though, in my opinion.

As uncomfortable viewing as it would be, Jeff being a complete bastard to Angle's kids while Karen is stood there not stopping him/encouraging him would have added a real intensity to the feud.

Making it comedy dilutes it for me, although as I say I haven't seen the vignettes yet so my opinion may change upon viewing them.

I don't make any sense, in what way? And how can the champion be overexposed? He is (in theory) the biggest star of the company.

Anyway I'm going to stop talking about Jarrett and his millionth feud with Kurt Angle (And people complain about Cena vs Orton vs Triple H). He's a gloryfied midcarder.

• Paid Members
And how can the champion be overexposed? He is (in theory) the biggest star of the company.

Well if we see him every 5 minutes, why are we going to stick around to watch him for the rest of the show or indeed pay to watch him on PPV? If he's ALWAYS on TV, that dilutes his character and he'll have no longevity. Its why WWE doesnt use the legends every week. Its nice to see them, but you dont want to see them all the time. The fact you have to ask that question, is a bit daft.

I have to say the Raven Sandman feud was too far, wasn't it Raven and Sandman who did the crucifix angle?

Yeah it was, but personally I felt that story was great. It put Raven over as a complete cunt for stealing a guys wife and turning his kid against him and added a new dimension to The Sandman character - a previously sadistic, womanising drunk now a broken, conflicted father fighting to get his young son away from the evil grasps of the man he hates.

Crucifixion angle never bothered me to be honest, but them I'm not religious so....

He's been my favourite part of TNA for the last two years. He had a shitty few years with his wife dying, then being suspended a few years later for knobbing Karen, but since his return he's looked like a completely different wrestler. I'm also one of the rare few who thinks he is terrific as a face or a heel. His long title reigns back in early TNA are probably some of my favourite reigns ever, along with Triple H's 2002-2004 runs.

The world needs more wrestlers like Jeff Jarrett.

He's been my favourite part of TNA for the last two years. He had a shitty few years with his wife dying, then being suspended a few years later for knobbing Karen, but since his return he's looked like a completely different wrestler. I'm also one of the rare few who thinks he is terrific as a face or a heel. His long title reigns back in early TNA are probably some of my favourite reigns ever, along with Triple H's 2002-2004 runs.

The world needs more wrestlers like Jeff Jarrett.

I think it's cool how they've managed to breath life into him as an onscreen character.

They had him around the main event scene way too long IMO in early TNA but I suppose that was at a time when they didn't have as many big names.

His is a great story though going from a Mid Carder who the currrent generation of fans probably never heard of to opening what is now the only real rival to WWE.

Re the Jarrett Angle Feud

These are from Angles twitter

The "Jarrett" segments on TNA Impact were appalling. It made me look like a dead beat Dad, which I am not (I can assure you)

And it made Karen and Jeff look like the perfect American Family. MY kids were calling Jeff "Daddy Jeff". NOBODY will ever replace me as

The Father of my kids. You want me to look like the bad person? Don't forget who wanted the divorce! I didn't walk away from my family.

Karen did. So keep your little "act" going on tv. It's amusing to me, but don't think for a million years that my fans are buying this crap

Kayfabe or Legit? God I wish there was a sarcasm font since apparently people don't seem able to figure out. Then again thats not surprising

I never saw much of him in WCW or in early TNA so just basing it off his 2 WWF runs I have to say I hated him but then he was a heel so I was supposed to. He was always over with the crowds was good in the ring and is very underrated on the mic. He cut some outstanding promos in the WWF and he was brilliant in his last feud with Chyna. He made what should have been a total crap feud into gold and that time when he double clothesline Mae and Moolah had me crying with laughter.

• Paid Members
I'm really not a Jeff Jarrett fan. I find his matches boring and before their times, during his Double J run, his bit with Debra in the Attitude Era, his WCW runs and hogging the spotlight in the main events of TNA shows for 4 and a half years, I find every bit of it dull. I don't think he is any good on the mic, and I don't think he ever deserved to be World Heavyweight Champion. I will admit though, that his MMA character has been original and entertaining at times. He's sorted out his hair as well, so he gets one more positive point for that.

a late reply here but wah wah wah

• Paid Members

I hated him during his first WWF run, he was as dull as dull day in dull town. Never saw anything impressive in his first WCW run either. The confusing booking didn't help at all. Once back in the WWF, after the NWA rebirth disaster, I took to him. Thought he was a very solid heel and i quite liked the idea of him as a main eventer in WCW. It never worked out because the booking was dire. I think he then showed in TNA that he's not cut out to be the focus of a promotion. His mic skills were poor, everything coming across as forced and nervous. His matches are OK but not thrilling. I couldn't stand him until this last couple of years. He's been really solid in and out of the ring. He made those skits early last year when he was made to do the demeaning jobs. His attack on a handcuffed angle was great and that MMA skit with the kids was good too. His ring work still doesn't excite me but at least I don't feel the need to hit fast forward when he's on anymore.

Archived