Wrestling Figure Thread

Cobra1000

stopped collecting figures years ago, the only jakks figure i had was a triple h one from 99/00 with a dx shirt on. was looking at the mattel legends figures in FP today and the detailing looks lush on them, especially the classic IC title with the mr perfect figure. the only thing stopping me buying them is the price,

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
stopped collecting figures years ago, the only jakks figure i had was a triple h one from 99/00 with a dx shirt on. was looking at the mattel legends figures in FP today and the detailing looks lush on them, especially the classic IC title with the mr perfect figure. the only thing stopping me buying them is the price,

I don't know why but I'm not overly keen on the Mattel figures, haven't got one yet to be fair and really I don't know if I will, I used to collect a lot of the Jakks ones but for about the past four or five years I only got odd ones that I thought looked cool or wanted in my collection and must have only got about 10 at the most in those past five years. To be honest the figures I am liking the look of now are the Jakks TNA ones, to me the Mattel ones just look like kids toys whereas the Jakks stuff look like proper collectable figures.

Actually having Googled them now I suppose they do look alright, they seem fairly detailed and so on but any time I've seen them in shops they look a lot smaller, thinner and skinnier than the Jakks ones and at

@ king pitcos - they did in his debut attire from survivors 90, didnt know rock was series 3, only ones i saw were pillman, bulldog, hacksaw, hennig and vader

@ the invisible boy - the mattel stuff looks far better than jakks, more detailed and in scale. the jakks ones looked ridiculous at times with some figure bulkier than others and taller superstars like taker/kane/show being the same height as smaller stars

@ king pitcos - they did in his debut attire from survivors 90, didnt know rock was series 3, only ones i saw were pillman, bulldog, hacksaw, hennig and vader

@ the invisible boy - the mattel stuff looks far better than jakks, more detailed and in scale. the jakks ones looked ridiculous at times with some figure bulkier than others and taller superstars like taker/kane/show being the same height as smaller stars

That's fair enough, like I said I may be just being biased really and I haven't ever seen one properly out of it's package. On top of that I had always wanted TNA to get away from those awful figures they had, the Toybiz ones, they looked terrible and reminded me of WCW's figures, but even worse in some cases. I think having TNA Jakks figures is brilliant and they'd be able to go with the collection of Jakks ones I'd got for WWF/WWE over the years. If the Mattel ones are actually good then that's a bonus too as I really would have liked a Wade Barrett figure. Now I just get the odd figure here and there if I can afford it and it's one I would want. So I suppose it would have suited me better if this TNA:Jakks, WWE:Mattel thing had happened a few years ago, but then I suppose it would have been WWF:Jakks, WCW:Mattel, I still used to buy the WCW ones anyway and have an old TNA Toybiz AJ Styles lying around somewhere.

I've been popping into Forbidden Planet whenever I'm in Town on the hope that they may have TNA figures in there, I used to be there every day when at uni and they never had them at all last year so I started losing hope but today whilst there I saw they had the Deluxe Impact 2 series so I ended up getting AJ, already had the Toybiz one but I've always wanted a Jakks figure of AJ.

Archived