Wrestling Figure Thread

Cobra1000

So wrestling figures eh? I bought the Mattel Legends Ultimate Warrior figure on a whim with an amazon voucher I had, and its unreal and looks class, especially with the snazzy IC Title belt.

Anyway does anyone know the best (ie cheapest) place to get these online or otherwise? I'm really loving the Legends but can't really justify

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I collect them and there's not anywhere to get the Legends at reasonable prices. They're not properly distributed here, so the only choices are the Internet or Forbidden Planet. I've bought a few from WWEShop.com when they were on sale, but generally www.wrestlingworld.co.uk is the place that has them first. Looking at

Bah, nice one. My Forbidden Planet barely has any wrestling figures anymore... It sucks :( I went looking around the toy shops yesterday, from what I can gather the most recent things they have is Over the Limit figures. I'd like some of the Elite series aswell. The Blue CM Punk is well cool. Yeah Wrestling World seems cool enough actually. I am desperate to get the Demolition figures, as well as the Road Warriors, Bulldog and Savage ones...

I think I may get the Pillman one from wweshop, seems cheap, hope P&P is cheap enough, bargain.

So has anyone seen these yet?

I've only recently started looking at them as i'm going to get 2 or 3 for my nephews birthday. But on the sites, i couldn't help but notice just how neat some of the modern ones look nowadays. I always remember those ones from the early 90s where hardly any of the limbs moved, the body was all disproportionate with a big torso and small, usually stuck together legs, and one bent arm that was supposed to be able to do a special move or some shit.

Even most of the old favourites were there in the modern versions. There was a Jake Roberts one with cobra, Rick Rude, Loose Cannon Brian Pillman, Ax and Smash - even Warrior and Savage in their WM7 gear! My favourite one was probably Marty Jannetty from around 93, but it only came in a 3 pack with Tito Santana and The Anvil, i guess it had a theme of "the other tag team member"

Why did they have to be so shit back in the day? :)

Bah, nice one. My Forbidden Planet barely has any wrestling figures anymore... It sucks :( I went looking around the toy shops yesterday, from what I can gather the most recent things they have is Over the Limit figures. I'd like some of the Elite series aswell. The Blue CM Punk is well cool. Yeah Wrestling World seems cool enough actually. I am desperate to get the Demolition figures, as well as the Road Warriors, Bulldog and Savage ones...

I think I may get the Pillman one from wweshop, seems cheap, hope P&P is cheap enough, bargain.

So has anyone seen these yet?

The Road Warriors are probably my favourites of the ones I own so far. The old Jakks Classic Superstars were fairly good, but you would always get one or two duds in each series. I haven't given up on getting all of them though, I've got around 90 of them so far, but these Mattel figures really do blow them right out of the water.

I have a few, only really get them if they are super cheap, really cool looking or there is chance to get them signed. Recently got a Brian Christopher bend-em toy that I then got signed, and also picked up a cool looking Kuishinbo Kamen soft toy.

There's a new Steamboat coming out in the Defining Moments line based on his 1991 WWF return. I know that version of The Dragon isn't everyone's favourite, but it's the way I remember him so I'm gonna get that one. The karate suit Steamboat never appealed to me.

I'd probably take a punt on Iron Sheik for

There's a new Steamboat coming out in the Defining Moments line based on his 1991 WWF return. I know that version of The Dragon isn't everyone's favourite, but it's the way I remember him so I'm gonna get that one. The karate suit Steamboat never appealed to me.

I'd probably take a punt on Iron Sheik for

i had sheikh, volkoff, piper and hogan thumb wrestling figures from about 1987, bought a coventry market from all places, my brother cut the head of a couple of them after an argument one day, have ever forgiven him. The thing is, you could not really thumb wrestle with them, they were just rubber figures who were shaped in the seated position with a hole in there back. I think he may have even cut the feet of them as well.

Archived