WWE RAW 31/01 Discussion thread

Ron Simmons

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is everyone so in favour of a Lawler/Cole match at WM? It's a 61-year-old versus an announcer who's never ever had a match. It could be even worse than Hart/McMahon last year.

It would still be better than a Divas match, at least it would of had a big build and would mean something. I'm sure they could have The Miz and Alex Riley interfere on belalf of Cole if it were No DQ.

• Paid Members

I'm actually with Dill here. It'll likely be a bit of an overbooked mess, but if anyone can make something like that work it's King. I imagine King will have a couple of allies of his own in the ranks should there be any tomfoolery with the Coleminers.

Personally I think were going to get a revamp of The Undertaker here. Dont get me wrong with Sting now been the name everyone wants to see and also assumed I am convinced Vince will be pro active in trying to get him and using this as a platform to do it but my gut feeling is its a new look Taker going on.

He has needed a new look for a long time, and I highly doubt Sting has anything to do with this, so I'm just going to look forward to Undertaker's new outfit. It's for the best.

Why is everyone so in favour of a Lawler/Cole match at WM? It's a 61-year-old versus an announcer who's never ever had a match. It could be even worse than Hart/McMahon last year.

It would still be better than a Divas match, at least it would of had a big build and would mean something.

That's what I would have said about Bret vs Vince last year.

But (while both undeniably were shit) having Vickie win in her hometown with Eddie's finisher made that match the more enjoyable of the two imo.

Actually, Cole and Lawler challenged Legacy for the tag titles a couple of years ago. :p

I don't like the idea of Lawler facing Cole or Riley at Wrestlemania. If King's gonna have a Wrestlemania match, it should be against a name opponent. Maybe they could shift the focus slightly leading into Wrestlemania from Lawler vs Cole to Lawler vs the Anonymous GM. The GM could be revealed as Chris Jericho, and voila, instant WM worthy match. When Jericho had the feud with the Legends, I really thought Lawler was going to represent them.

About Raw, not too bad a show, I figure Wrestlemania season is the best time to give the show a chance. :)

Archived